Chapter 34.

Caleb's POV.

The first thing I have felt since coming home from my fight with Ensley; Hardin's fist against my jaw. After drinking a half a case of beer it took me a little longer to register the fact that my best friend, indeed, just punched me in the face. I have no idea why he has, nor do I really care, but I become stunned nonetheless. It takes me a good thirty seconds to actually register the fact that it happened, but when I do all I see is red.

"Wrong fucking day, Iverson," I seethe and am on my feet in no time, lunging for the fucker. Unfortunately, I am at a disadvantage because of the drinks I have consumed and Hardin easily avoids me, throwing his fist into my stomach which has me dropping to my knees immediately.

Bitch.

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you?" He growls. putting a hand on my shoulder and leaning down so his face is only centimeters from mine. His anger is one I have never seen, and I have known him for a long fucking time. Despite this, I slap his hand off of me and push him away, wiping my mouth that has accumulated some blood.

"I don't know what you're talking about, jack ass," I snarl, getting up and sitting on my bed, away from him.

"You don't know what I'm talking about?" He scoffs, combing a hand through his hair, I glare at him. "Ensley Wilde ring a bell?"

I freeze for a second, but that can't be what he is talking about can it? How would he have found out?

"She's my fucking best friend, fucker, of course it rings a bell," I sarcastically remark, really debating putting my fist through his face. He is fucking annoying.

"You know that is not what I mean," he spits, and comes closer to me. "What the actual fuck were you thinking? Huh?"

I stand up and push him away from me, but he decides to throw his fist at my face again and this time it catches my chin. That's it, this time I really tackle him to the ground, creating a very loud thud that no doubt resonates through the whole house.

I don't plan on hurting him, he is my friend after all, so I try my best to retrain him from hitting me again. Like I knew would happen, my father has heard the noise and heaves me off of Hardin, but I don't put up a fight about it.

"What the hell is going on?" He booms, very confused as to why we are fighting. Hardin and I have been friends for a while and have never gotten to this level. Although, if it were the other way around and Hardin was hooking up with Ensley, I can't say I wouldn't act the same. "Hello?"

I stare at an angry Hardin, deciphering if I should say what everyone is awaiting from me. I can tell Hardin really wants me to admit to it, and my dad to give insight as to what has transpired, but for some reason the words are hard to formulate.

"Ensley and I have been seeing eachother." That is the nicest way to put it, I won't tarnish the view my mother and father have of her, they treat her like a daughter. As I begin to think of Ensley and I's relationship I notice that we have never really put a label on it, whether we are truly dating or not, and I get a sinking feeling in my stomach.

Maybe that is why she felt it was okay to continue hooking up with Jeremy, my subconscious chimes in and I force down the throw up that threatens to show itself.

"Oh," My dad responds, looking very shocked and Hardin doesn't look as mad as before, but I can tell there is still something thats bugging him still. My dad looks back and forth between the two of us in questioning, but almost decides against asking any further questions. "Try not to make too much noise."

I give him a look and he leaves. I sigh, sitting down on my bed once more and putting my face in my hands.

"Seeing each other?" He snorts. "Nice way of putting it."