Chapter 26.

Caleb's POV.

I feel odd. So odd. 

It is such a foreign feeling, as I sit here across the table from Ensley, watching her laugh at something stupid Hardin says. It's like I don't even want to blink  in fear of missing out on that beautiful smile she has. My hands are sweaty, my heart is beating nearly out of control, and she hardly notices what she's doing to me. 

I have fought it for too long, my feelings for her. I didn't think I'd ever let those deep secrets out, but today proved that they were never meant to be held in. 

Part of me is still disappointed that I let them out. And that is only because I don't feel as though I deserve her love. Fuck, I know I don't. I don't deserve what she's already given me, but I can't ignore that I am completely in love with this girl and probably always have been.

The more I think about her, the more I can't believe how long I've kept everything in. I am even more surprised at the fact that no one has noticed - aside from my mom of course - it seems blatantly obvious. Then again, who wouldn't love her? She's gorgeous, head strong, smart, fucking stunning, and she's funny. What more could you ask for?

She is the only other girl who has put me in my place - again, aside form my mom of course - and I'll deny that I love it. There's something about a girl with a quick tongue, one who can match your personality to a tee, who doesn't stand for your shit that is so hot I can't even put it into words.

Even then, she's still so shy. I forgot how shy she really is up until what happened on Sunday. She was a blushing mess that day, desperately trying to cover up and pull away, but even she couldn't deny how good it felt. I could tell with the way she gasped my name, but then would realize how vocal she was being so she'd bite her hand. 

I wish she hadn't.

And though I shouldn't, being the sick fucker that I am, can't help but remember that I am not the only one who has seen that part of her. I know, kind of hypocritical of me considering how many girls I have been with, but I can't help it. I feel an odd sense of jealousy when it comes to Ensley, but it's better than feeling nothing. All I know, and all I should focus on at this point, is that she picked me. Not Jeremy. That's the greatest honor I have ever been gifted and I already know how hard I am going to have to try to make sure I don't fuck it up.

"Hardin's going to take me home." I was hoping she'd stay a little later, but I can tell she's tired and ice skating will do that to you. 

"Hardin can drive?" I tease as my best friend walks by, scowling at me and throwing an arm around Ensley's shoulders. 

"Someone's got jokes today," Hardin retorts. "Actually, matter of fact someone is in an abnormally good mood today."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest and I lean against the wall. "I'm always in a good mood, asshole."

"I don't think so," he shakes his head and looks down at Ensley who is still nuzzled against him. I wish she was against me right now. She wants to wait to tell Hardin, though. I respect that, but I have a feeling the longer we wait the harder it'll be for him. "What did you do to him?"

"I used my voodoo magic," she plays along and sends me a smirk. I send one back. 

"You guys are one hell of a pair," I sarcastically smile and open the front door for them. "Have a safe trip."

Hardin cackles. "Didn't last long."

"I'll remember to not let it happen again," I lie and they walk out of the door. I follow them.