Chapter 3.

Four drinks later I'm safely drunk. Four drinks later and I definitely can't stand straight. Four drinks later and I'm laughing like I'm a broken record player. Four drinks later and I know that tomorrow morning is going to be hell.

"You're funny," I slur, leaning almost all of my weight on to Jeremy. We're in a group with his friends now, who are actually pretty cool, and I've never had such a fun time. I giggle and poke his toned stomach to which he chuckles at. "Like really, really, funny."

His eyes dance with amusement, the hazel iris' sparkling underneath the changing light. "You've had a little too much to drink, yeah?"

I shake my head vigorously, my brain just mush at this point. "No. I've had too little. I need more."

He grabs the bottle away from me before I even get the chance to reach for it. "Maybe later."

I stomp my foot like an enraged five year old. "Give it b-back."

"You'll thank me tomorrow," he grins, tucking a piece of hair away from my face. I probably look a mess right about now, yet Jeremy is looking at me like I'm the most beautiful things he's ever seen.

He's probably drunk too. Probably.

"B-but Caleb never lets me drink and so I can't stop n-now," I explain to him. Each word has a hiccup after it and Jeremy most likely can't hear a word I'm saying, but he pays attention regardless.

His eyebrows furrow at this and I finally sit down because I may be sick. "Caleb won't let you?"

I nod. God I'm such a mess.

"So he tells you what you can and can't do?" He asks.

"I mean," I try to think of another answer. "Yeah, I guess he does."

"But he can do them?"

I go to confirm the answer to the question when it gets stuck in my throat. Literally.

"I'm going to throw up." I rush to the nearest bathroom and spill my guts into the toilet bowl. I don't know how long it occurs for, but when it's over and I realize Jeremy was holding my hair back, I feel like the biggest light weight ever. He doesn't seem to mind as he wets a towel and gives it to me.

"I think you should call it a night," he tells me sweetly, trying not to smile.

I groan and bring my hands to my face. "I am so sorry about that. This is so embarrassing."

"Don't be sorry," he says and crouches down so we're level. "It's not that big of a deal."

"I'm guessing you have a lot of experience with this kind of stuff then?" Saying it out loud has my heart pumping and aching to know the answer. I'd like to think that Jeremy isn't like every other guy at Lincoln Park, but I may just be giving him too much credit.

"Actually, no," he admits and I release a breath. "You're the first."

That may be worse.

"Is there someone I can call to take you home. I would do it of course, but I've been drinking also."

He's so sweet.