Chapter 45.

Song: Skin by Rihanna (reverbed)

As we drive back from the restaurant, Caleb's hand on my thigh, I think about how the dinner went. I had not expected Caleb to announce our relationship the way he did, it took me by complete surprise, but I am incredibly elated with the way everyone responded. His whole family seemed to be happy for us and approve of the relationship, which had been my number one concern walking into it. Nina was especially excited for us, telling me she knew it would happen and how happy she was to call me her sister-in law.

Not to mention Caleb's mother. Her blessing was exceptionally challenging and definitely worth it in the end. She had pulled me aside once everything had simmered down, pulling me into a large hug.

"I always knew Caleb had feelings for you," She said, pulling away but keeping her hands on my shoulders. All I could do was listen. "But he has always been troubled when it came to that stuff. I just hoped he wouldn't pass up a good thing, you know?"

I had nodded, almost in a trance like state.

"I must say, though," she started again. "While I had my assumptions about you since the beginning, I am glad to know you feel the same way for him. I could tell you had a crush on him when you were younger, but he was oblivious of course, and I slowly saw your feelings for him disperse. I understand why, of course, my son is no saint."

I nearly laughed at that, she had an idea of her sons sinning, but she had no idea how bad it really was. And she also had no idea that the reason my feelings for him faded was because of his incessant hooking up. Lord knows I would never share that piece of information with her, though.

"I am just so happy you two found your way together," she gushed, eyes welling with tears. "You're good for him. I just hope he is good for you."

And that is how she ended it, truth be told I hope her son is good for me too and we aren't just speaking on lust. I can see he is a good guy, but I guess he could be a good guy that isn't good for me. I shake these thoughts from my head, because we finally have the chance to be happy; together. I want to let that live out and see the potential that is there.

"Your mom working another midnight?" Caleb asks when he sees all the lights in my house are off.

"Yeah" I sigh, unbuckling.

"Do you want me to come in?" He asks and my body heats. I bite my lip, knowing that if he comes in what could potentially happen. There is still a dull ache at my core, but I would never pass up the opportunity to feel him again. My nether regions throb at just the thought.

"Yes," I respond, glancing at him. His eyes are dark, his tongue darting out to lick his lips. I swallow.

"Okay, I'll come in," he concedes and I nod, both of us getting out of the car at the same time. I lead us into my house and to my room. I am in desperate need of a shower, feeling a bit sweaty from how overwhelming dinner was.

"I'm going to take a shower," I tell him, turning on my lamp so we can actually see what we are doing.

"Okay," Caleb responds, but makes no move to halt his steps in getting closer to me. He cups my face in his hands, making it so I have no choice but to look at him. "Do you understand how beautiful you are to me? Inside and out?"

I swallow again, my mouth feeling dry. "Caleb..."

"Because you are," He gruffly confirms. "So fucking beautiful."

My eye lids flutter, and my grip on his white dress shirt tightens. This man is going to be the death of me, my permission or not. Though, I will gladly let him have every bit of me until there is nothing less.