Chapter 37.

Caleb looks pissed as I catch his eyes in the crowd. And for some odd reason - well maybe not odd - I get a certain thrill from this. For once I have the upper hand with him, and that alone makes me gain a surge of confidence. In fact, it is what has me continuing my dance with the mystery man behind me, my eyes never leaving Caleb's.

I study every detail of him, the clenching of his jaw, the darkening of his eyes, and not to mention his hands that have tightened into fists at this point. I continue dancing my dirty dance even as he makes his way over here - stalking towards me with his brooding self. To add salt to the wound, I bring my hands to the man's forearms, drawing Caleb's eyes to his hands on my waist. He looks ready to explode.

This is too fun.

Caleb makes his way over quicker, faltering in his steps slightly. When he get's almost directly in front of me I can practically see the steam coming from his ears.

"We need to talk." His voice is sexily gruff, deeper than I have ever heard and it makes my body ring in pleasure.

"Oh?" I question. "About what?"

I am still dancing with the guy behind me, Caleb seems to notice the same time I do because he quickly pulls my arm and brings me to him.

"Get lost," he growls at mystery man, and I smirk. "What the fuck is so funny?"

I shrug, still holding a mischievous smirk on my lips. "Nothing."

"I'm sure," he rolls his eyes, becoming overly close to me. "We need to talk."

He said that already.

"Then talk?" I say, already knowing what he means.

"Ensley." He sounds like he is trying to keep his patience, and I find this funny. He is always trying to keep his composure in some way shape or form.

"You better back up," I half jokingly tell him, putting a hand on his chest to which he grabs and keeps there, not letting me move. "People are going to think we are together."

"I don't give a fuck," he all but growls. "Let them think what they want. I don't give a shit anymore."

"Oh now you don't care," I want to laugh. "Is it because you've finally gotten over yourself?"

He looks confused, and probably is because I don't feel like I am making very much sense right now. It could be due to the small amount of alcohol I have consumed or just the presence he holds when near me. I can't decipher the true cause right now, though, because he makes it hard to think.

"Ensley, what-"

"No, Caleb," I scowl and pull my hand away from his, backing away from him. "Fuck you. I am done with your games."

I try not to think about everyone that may have possibly seen our interaction and push my way through the crowd of people in order to get out of the front door and into the cold night. It has to be below freezing out here, but feels amazing against my clammy skin.

I stumble down the steps of the front porch and towards Hardin's car. I don't know what it is I am planning on doing without Hardin or his keys, but I will think about that later.

"Ensley," Caleb is right behind me. How did he get out here so fast?

"Go away, Caleb," I say, trying my best to keep my composure now. I don't need to be a blubbering mess in front of him.

"Ensley, come on," he begs and I roll my eyes. He grabs my arm gently and halts my movements, coming around to stand in front of me. "Talk to me, please."