Chapter 10.

Caleb isn't next to me when I wake up the next morning. I find this odd only for the single fact that this has never happened. Regardless, I get out of bed and get ready to start the day. While showering I begin to remember the events of last night, with Jeremy not Caleb, and I smile to myself. As crazy as it is, it was easily one of the best nights of my life.

It doesn't help that as soon as I get out of the shower and check my phone, I have a text from Jeremy. There are a few from Hardin and one from Caleb as well, but I ignore those.

Jeremy: good morning beautiful ;) any chance you want to grab some breakfast?

I bite my lip and slowly contemplate that question. While it is annoying to have to tip-toe around town with Jeremy for fear of seeing Caleb, I feel obligated to do so. Despite this, I say yes. I need to start warming up to the fact that this is going to be the new normal now. Sooner or later Caleb and Hardin are going to find out about my - whatever it is - going on and that is just how it has to be.

Responding with a yes, I giggle to myself and begin getting dressed and ready. I have never been asked on a breakfast date, but I am super pumped because I love breakfast. Not only is it the most important meal of the day, but it is almost the most delicious. I get ready just in time for Jeremy to tell me he is here and I rush down the stairs. I have to stop myself and calm down before opening the door, though, because I am extremely hyper.

"Hey," he greets me with a smile and I stall. Should I kiss him? Or should I wait for him to kiss me?

"Hey." It is delayed, but it sounds believable. My previous questions are no longer relevant when Jeremy leans in and cups my cheek, his lips touching mine delicately. My eyes slide shut slowly and I fall completely under his spell.

When he pulls away, I have to regain my composure. He looks just as flustered as I do, and I am happy to know that I am not crazy.

"You look beautiful." This boy knows very well what he is doing to me.

"Thank you," I blush. It shouldn't even be considered a blush because it is worse than that. My face is on fire.

He winks and turns away from me so we can head to whichever breakfast restaurant we are going to. While he gets situated to drive, I am still stuck on the fact that he winked at me.

If that was not the sexiest thing I have ever seen...

Caleb's POV.

My head is pounding. I feel like my brain is rolling circles around the inside of my head. Why I woke up so early just to avoid having to wake up next to Ensley, I do not know. Now that I have, I am significantly regretting it.

"Oh, look at what the winter air blew in." My fucking father. I glare at him and shut the door behind me ready to stomp my way up to my room.

"Colten, stop," my mom comes out of the kitchen with her cooking apron and a mixing bowl in her hands. "Come eat, Caleb. I made waffles."

She turns around to go back to the kitchen and I go to roll my eyes, but my dad sends me a threatening glare.

"Don't look at me like that," I tell him, giving him a disgusted look and walk past him. Like I knew he would, his hand slaps against the back of my head and I grimace, rubbing the spot. "Asshole."

"What were you up to last night, sweetie?" my mother asks immediately after I sit down at the table.

"I was with Hardin and Ensley," I tell her, moving my dads hand from the stack of waffles. I get first pick.

"Ooo Ensley, huh?" she questions and gives me a glass of milk, shuffling around the kitchen.

"Yeah," I reply.