Chapter 1.

The loud blaring of my alarm clock isn't what wakes me up from my seven hour slumber, no, it's the soft breathing from beside me. It's early, I'm not thinking correctly, and therefore I do what I do.

And that, my friends, is slam my fist backwards to hit the 'thing' in the face. I don't expect the loud cursing or fumbling around.

"Holy - fuck!" I gasp and turn to the culprit, only for my face to drop at the sight of my best friend. He's clutching his nose. "What the fuck is wrong with you Ensley?"

I huff out in annoyance and throw the blankets off of me. "You're the one who was in my bed unannounced."

"You act like that's never happened before," he snaps and I cross my arms over my chest with a glare fixated on him. "Don't look at me like that."

"Get out of my bed, Caleb," I order. And this kid has the nerve to smirk at me, raising his hand to comb his dark hair from his forehead. The bare arm flexes under the movement and I have to avert my eyes because of it.

This annoying piece of shit is Caleb Mathews. He's my best friend - not sure why - and has been since third grade when I shoved his face in the mud because he called me a girly girl. I was a bit of a Tom-boy back then, but I out grew that somewhat. I'm guessing I knocked a few brain cells from his head when I did that, though, because he wouldn't leave me alone after that. Lucky me.

Caleb is a good looking specimen, with large muscles, dark hair and an angular jaw he's easily the number one pick for girls. Don't go getting excited, though, at the age of seventeen Caleb has yet to have a girlfriend. Sleeping around is his forte and I don't think he'll be giving it up anytime soon. And I've given up on trying to change his ways.

"Why, babe?" He smirks, the sheets falling further down his bare chest. I resist the urge to ogle him, because let's face it, he's hot. But no amount of hotness can change the fact that he is a fuck boy.

Let's just say, a long while ago I had developed a crush on little Caleb. It was when I first started noticing boys - seventh grade - and I was smitten. Everything he did made me want him more and he never once noticed. Freshmen year came and homecoming was around the corner.

One thing you should know is that Caleb and I had a tight relationship, we trusted each other with everything in us. When we made promises to each other, they were kept no matter what had to be done.

This time was different, though. In the summer before going into high school, Caleb made up the agreement that if neither of us had a date a week before homecoming, then we would go together. Well, a week before homecoming came around and I was becoming excited for the simple fact that I knew Caleb was going to ask me. So I thought.

As you can probably guess, that didn't happen. He ended up asking some girl named Jessica, completely forgetting about the deal we had. I was crushed. Absolutely heartbroken at this and cried myself to sleep for five nights straight.

It doesn't even seem like a big deal now.

And on top of that, he ended up having sex with her that night and boasting about it to me the next day while I hadn't even had my first kiss yet. I wanted it to be with him. Crushed was an understatement.

"Because you're dirty and smell gross. I just changed my sheets the other day," I tell him, the morning too early for his theatrics.