Chapter 46.

Song: Softcore by The Neighbourhood (slowed)

"Do you think everyone at school is going to be weird now that we are dating?" I ask, cozied up to Caleb beneath my sheets with a movie playing in the background. After successfully cleaning ourselves in the shower and changing into our jammies, we settled on a rom com that is actually pretty good in my opinion.

"Maybe, but who cares if they are?" He retorts, twirling a piece of my hair between his fingers. He is right, but I can't help my nervousness for the upcoming situations. We made it fairly clear at the party last night that we are officially an item and while we didn't stick around to watch the outcome, I am sure there will be something going on. Caleb's following of girls - I'd imagine - may not be too keen on the idea of us together. I cringe; Chantelle.

"You don't seem to realize how many girls fawn after you," I nearly laugh. "I am sure one or more will be quite upset about this."

He shrugs, displaying indifference. "Let them be. All I care about is how you feel, I don't give a single fuck about what anyone at Lincoln Park High School has to say about us. Do you understand?"

I nod and he pecks my forehead which sends a warmth throughout my cold body.

"Do you want me to go home?" Caleb asks as he notices my eyelids beginning to droop. I am very tired after the night we had last night and even leading into today, but the last thing I want him to do is leave. Even if it is just to sleep, having him close to me is all I want and need in the world.

"No," I whisper, snuggling closer to him. "Stay."

I feel his smile against my forehead and then his arms tightening around me. "You put up a hard bargain Ensley Wilde."

A small smile takes over my lips, but I give in to sleep before I can figure a response. Caleb is easy to fall asleep next to, creating a safe environment for me to do so. Even before we were dating, he has always provided a sense of comfort that allowed me to fall asleep, and now even more so. I used to find it annoying - how easy he made certain things in my life - but now I can't imagine my life without him.

. . . .

Caleb is gone by the time I wake up, having gone back home to get ready for school I am sure. I get out of bed with a pep to my step and a smile on my face. This is the best I have felt in a long time, especially on a morning before school. I guess that is what love will do to you, though, and I have learned that I am perfectly okay with it.

My boyfriend is pulling up to my house as I am walking out of the front door - perfect timing. I furrow my eyebrows at him as he steps out of his jeep and to the passenger side of the car, opening the door.

"What a gentlemen," I gush and he rolls his eyes, pecking my lips. "Good morning."

"Good morning," he winks, patting my butt as I lift myself into his ridiculously high wrangler. I hardly notice that Hardin is in the back at first until he sticks his large head through the center console.

"Good morning," he blows me a kiss and I pretend to catch it, bringing it to my heart. "How are you feeling this morning?"

I giggle. "Great, how about you?"

"Phenomenal," he grins and I give him a look. "Especially since you guys ditched me at the party Saturday to shag."

My face heats up and I cringe, turning away from him to look out the windshield.

"Fuck off," Caleb laughs. "Like you have never ditched us at a party to fuck a random."

Hardin snorts. "That is different. At least you two would have had each other, I was by myself."