Chapter 47.

Song: Void by The Neighbourhood (slowed)

Caleb's POV.

My leg is shaking, bouncing under the cafeteria table like I may just create an earthquake. I keep watching Ensley for any sign of discomfort, or any sign of hurt feelings, but she doesn't show me anything that may indicate as much. Ellie is across from me, and even though I shouldn't, I keep reverting to my phone to text her. I know Ensley isn't telling me the truth, someone had said something to her before she had seen me, but she is too stubborn to tell me. Ellie might just be my only option.

I pull out my phone discreetly and shoot her a text; meet me in the library after lunch.

And then I slide my phone back in my pocket, giving my undivided attention to my girlfriend who is currently arguing with Hardin over whether a tomato is a fruit or not. Silly girl. I notice from the corner of my eye that Ellie receives my text, but I don't put any emphasis on our interaction.

"Are we hanging out after school?" Ensley asks when we make it back to her locker to grab the rest of our books. She bites her lip subconsciously and I restrain myself from commenting on it. The things this girl does to me.

"Do you want to?" I tease, grabbing her hip and pulling her to me. She blushes and I want to shoot myself. She is far too innocent for her own good, but I know how dirty she can be. Especially when she tells me to fuck her faster, deeper - snap out of it. Last night was a shock - a fluke if you ask me - but I am not complaining. The fantasies about fucking Ensley and actually accomplishing it are much different, let me tell you. She came on to me, though, I wasn't going to initiate anything, but I also wasn't going to deny her. Call me weak willed.

"Do you even have to ask that?" She rolls her eyes and I chuckle. She's a sassy one, but I love it.

"I just like hearing you say it," I whisper in her ear and she gives me a look to which I laugh. Even when trying to look intimidating, she just looks so fucking cute.

"Don't I know it," she claps back and I laugh. "I've got to get to class, I'll see you after, yeah?"

I wink. "Of course, baby, wouldn't pass it up."

Another eye roll and I chuckle to myself. I watch her walk away, admiring how fucking beautiful she is in the process. And she is all mine, I just hope the fuckers at this school don't mess it up. With that in mind, I start heading to the library where I told Ellie to meet me. She is in one of the non-fiction aisles, looking through the books. I forgot how much of a book worm she is.

"Hey," I greet her, quietly because we are in the library after all.

"Hi," she sends a small smile and turns to me. "What's up? Why did you want to meet?"

I take a deep breath. "I know Ensley was lying when I asked her if anyone had said something to her. I also know she won't tell me, so I need to know what happened. You were there weren't you?"

She nods. "It really wasn't anything awful, Caleb, just petty girl stuff."

"Even so," I insist. "Ensley is sensitive and I don't need anyone bullying her for being with me."

Unfortunately, this is just a repercussion of my actions from the past. I am no saint, everyone know thats, I have slept with about half the girls from the school alone - Ellie included - and while it is not something to be proud of, it happened. But I will be damned if Ensley gets the butt end of the stick because of it. She in no reason should be getting talked about just for being with me, let alone getting picked on because of it. Ensley isn't just a hook-up like every other girl was, she is my girlfriend and I am in love with her, so therefore if I can help the shit-talking from our peers, I will do my best.