CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9

GENERAL Adri was in the throne room of the Infernal Empire so early in the morning, reporting to His Majesty, who had a grim expression on his face the moment General Adri started his report.

"We still haven't found her, Your Highness, but we are scouring the land, and we are not giving up. And just yesterday, I received an information from one of the elite squad of soldiers I sent to the borders of the empire. According to the information they gathered, two prominent slave traders in a small village in the borders of the Kingdom of Treterra has been destroyed."

The emperor grimaced in disdain. "And I should care because?"

General Adri bowed his head even more. "One of the slave traders, the Nollane's family... its estate had been mercilessly burned to the ground."

The emperor's eyes widened as he tried his best to conceal his emotions. "Was it her?"

"We believe so, Your Highness." General Adri clenched his fist. "You can have my head for my incompetence, Your Highness. I am ready for my punishment!"

Emperor Gabrien gritted his teeth in anger. "How about you hunt her down and don't come back until you capture her?!"

General Adri raised his head at the emperor in surprise. "You're giving me another chance, Your Highness?"

Emperor Gabrien sneered at General Adri. "What do you think?! If the empire's strongest general can't even subdue that witch, then we will be ridiculed by the other kingdoms. So go out there, hunt her down, and don't bring shame to the empire!"

General Adri bowed his head solemnly again. "Yes, Your Highness!"

Emperor Gabrien huffed after shouting at the general that he leaned on his chair and calmly asked, "Any news from my nephew?"

General Adri's lips thinned in contempt at the mention of the warlord. "There was no news from him, Your Highness. I have no idea what he had been doing since he left his castle to hunt the Mistress of Flame."

Emperor Gabrien waved his hand dismissively; he was very confident with his nephew's ability. "I'm sure he will give us some good news soon. Just do your job properly and don't mind my nephew."

"Yes, Your Highness," General Adri replied bitterly before leaving the throne room.

After General Adri left, Emperor Gabrien summoned his prime minister to the throne room.

"Your Highness," Prime Minister Zasim Pavraz, the strongest sorcerer of the Infernal Empire, kneeled on one knee and bowed his head in front of the emperor. "How may I be of service?"

"Send an urgent letter to the three kingdoms. Inform them that the Mistress of Flame had escaped her moonrite prison and tell them to be vigilant and ready for anything. If we couldn't drag the Mistress of Flame back to her prison as soon as possible, her strength will continue to grow, and a war might break out. Tell them to ready all the moonrite stones they have. As long as we have moonrite stones, we will rein Azitera."

Prime Minister Zasim was surprised to hear His Majesty's order to send an urgent letter. He had advised the emperor to inform the other leaders about the Mistress of Flame escaping her prison, but the emperor was against it before, as he wanted to protect the empire's dignity.

Has the emperor finally realized the danger that woman brings? Prime Minister Zasim thought, delighted. But even though the Mistress of Flame was dangerous, she could still be captured again, like in the past. A moonrite stone was her weakness, and the empire had lots to spare. Maybe I can join the hunt and capture her myself to add another honor to my name.