CHAPTER 66

CHAPTER 66

WHEN SOLLEL pushed the door open, her plan was to tour around the whole castle, to enjoy its design and see if it had similarities to her temple of Ignis. But her plan was forgotten when she saw who was standing near the door as if waiting for her.

A tall woman with long and wavy brown hair that was almost reaching her hips was standing meters away from her. Her prominent hazel brown eyes and gentle face. She wore a simple emerald armor and flower vines were wrapped from her wrist up to her elbow.

Sollel felt disoriented, with a little dizziness and euphoria combined. Then a shaky and slow smile appeared on her lips.

"G-Gatria...?" She knew it was Gatria, but in the back of her mind, she was afraid that it was only her imagination. She wanted to make sure that it was indeed Gatria.

Gatria's hazel brown eyes met Sollel's gaze. "Sollel."

A tear fell from Sollel's eyes when she heard that gentle, yet firm voice. "G-Gatria...!"

Without thinking, Sollel run towards Gatria, her arms ready to hug her when she saw the look Gatria was giving her making her changed her mind! Sollel knew too well what that look meant! Instead of hugging Gatria, without being told to, she kneeled in front of Gatria with her head down. "I'm so sorry..."

Before Gatria could voice out her reason for looking pissed at Sollel, Treven's friend, the warlord who helped saved her in the Hallowed Valley entered the castle and he looked stunned seeing Sollel kneeling.

Gatria felt indebted to warlord Hakkeran for saving her, but she already healed his wound that could've killed him, so in her mind, they're even.

Ergo, Gatria focused her eyes on Sollel who was still kneeling on the floor, head down.

"Do you even know why I'm mad, Sollel?" Gatria sounded like a mother scolding a mischievous child.

Sollel immediately nodded. "I trusted humans and in return, we were betrayed. It was my decision to bless them with elemental essence and it was all my fault. I'm so sorry, Gatria. I didn't mean to hurt us. I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm so sorry... I'm really sorry..."

Sollel looked up to take a peek on Gatria's reaction after her apology. Usually, Gatria always became soft after a heartfelt apology, but to her distressed, Gatria was still looking at her as if she did a horrible thing.

Sollel was ransacking her brain, thinking of things that she did that might've angered Gatria before, but she really couldn't think of anything other than the human's betrayal!

She and Aenwyn always caused mischief before, bur that was it. She didn't remember angering Gatria before they were betrayed.

Sollel pouted as she looked up at Gatria. "I will accept any punishment..."

Gatria clicked her tongue and Sollel visibly flinched at that, as if scared by the sound of a tongue clicking. "You're apologizing, but you have no idea what you're apologizing for— as usual. Classic Sollel as always."

Sollel bit her lip as she asked. "What... What did I do wrong then?" Sollel showed Gatria her pitiful face. "Could you please enlighten me, Gatria?"

Gatria glared at Sollel. "Trees have eyes, Sollel!" Gatria snapped. "How could you be so shameless?!"

Sollel flinched at Gatria's angry voice before she meekly asked since she didn't understand Gatria completely. "What do you mean? Trees has leaves and limbs, but I'm sure they have no eyes, Gatria."

Gatria let out a loud breath as if she was so done with Sollel. "To me, trees has eyes."

"Oh. Yes. I know that." Sollel tilted her head to the side and gave Gatria a quizzical look. "But what does it have to do with me?"