CHAPTER 36

CHAPTER 36

CIRA HEALED Hakken the moment she saw him bleeding, while Sollel just watched and stayed by Hakken's side, watching him wince and glance at her from time to time as if he couldn't get enough of Sollel's face.

Now that everyone already saw her hair and eyes, Sollel didn't have any plans to cover herself with a cloak again. And so she was standing beside Hakken without anything covering her face, which flustered Hakken even though he was injured.

Cira just shook her head after catching Hakken stealing glances at the queen. She knew that the queen was a gorgeous lady, so she let Hakken be. Who wouldn't like Queen Sollel anyway? With her fiery bloodred hair and soft but fierce eyes, the Mistress of Flame was stunning.

Then out of nowhere, a figure came out of the forest and ran toward Sollel.

"Mamma!" It was Naya, and she immediately launched herself at Sollel.

Out of four people around Sollel and Naya, there were two who had a weird expression on their faces—Hakken and Cira.

Cira pouted, jealous that she was not given a permission to call Her Highness Mamma, while Hakken was shocked beyond belief when he heard the girl called Sollel Mamma.

"You..." Hakken couldn't continue his question and just stared at Sollel as if his tongue had been cut, his eyes sporting disbelief.

Sollel glanced at Hakken as she hugged Naya. "What?"

Hakken's eyes fell on Naya who had her arms around Sollel's waist, and then Hakken looked at Sollel again, still speechless. He couldn't ask the question he wanted to ask.

It was Cira who put an end to Hakken's silent suffering. "It's not hers, Hakken. You can relax."

Hakken actually let out an audible sigh of relief that everyone who heard it nearly laughed.

"Were you scared?" Sollel asked Naya softly while caressing her hair.

Naya shook her head. "I wasn't. I hid in the wagon like Mamma said."

Sollel smiled softly, her eyes and face softening as her smile. Hakken, who was watching the two, was enthralled at the scene. It was beautiful—Sollel's smile was beautiful, tender, and loving, far from the woman who hated humans.

Hakken was staring too much at Sollel that it was bothered Cira, so she smacked Hakken's shoulder.

"Stop staring at Her Highness." Cira tsked. "You're going to make her uncomfortable."

"No. I don't mind," Sollel remarked and looked at Hakken. "He can look at me anytime he wants."

Hakken's lips parted at the same time Cira pouted.

Then Xeke chimed in while looking at Hakken and Sollel flatly. "I'm not against you two flirting, but can we leave first and escape before you continue? It's dangerous out here."

Everyone nodded and agreed with Xeke. And in a short while, everyone left the clearing and went to the place in the forest where they hid the wagon and Naya.

Grath guided everyone to the wagon. Cira confidently offered to guide them, but Sollel and Grath shut her offer down, immediately making Cira sulk.

"How about my grandfather?" Zassia asked while walking in the forest with everyone. "Is grandpa safe?"

"He will be," Xeke answered. "His defense is strong."

Zassia looked down at her feet. "I hope so." Then she added a prayer like it was the most normal thing to do. "Mistress of Flame, Queen Sollel, please bless my grandfather with your indomitable protection. I pray."