CHAPTER 69

CHAPTER 69

SOLLEL WAS kneeling in front of Gatria again, but unlike last time, she knew what she did wrong. She knew why Gatria was fuming mad. I sneaked out and then I made love with my warlord.

Sollel wanted to tell herself that she never regretted anything because she enjoyed the whole night with her Hakkeran who pleasured her non-stop until the enchantment in his room was close to being destroyed, but seeing Gatria's fuming mad face, Sollel regretted sneaking out — thought I don't really regret making love to my Hakken—

"How could you be so hard headed, Sollel?!" Gatria's voice boomed inside the castle that Sollel had to stop herself from flinching in fear. "I know you'll make trouble again, but I want to trust you! And look at what you did! Sneaking out like a child! Sollel, are you even thinking?!"

Sollel always had an answer even before and unconsciously, she answered Gatria. "Of course, I'm thinking. How could I sneak out if I was not thinking—"

"Sollel Vatra Sarragny!"

Sollel immediately closed her mouth shut. That was her cue to shut up for real. I'm so sorry, Hakken. Gatria is just so scary. I will make it up to you later, my warlord.

"And you!" Gatria pointed Hakkeran who was just silently standing near the closet and watching the two queens. He didn't really want to interject because he felt like it was not his place. "How dare you take advantage of Sollel's innocence!"

Hakkeran knew he should be focusing on Gatria and her anger, but he really couldn't help frowning. My Sollel? Innocent? Hmm.

Meanwhile, Sollel frowned at that too. I'm innocent? Since when? She wanted to ask Gatria, but she was afraid to be shouted at again, but Sollel's mind halted and she snapped put from her reverie when Gatria step passed her and her sword appeared in her hand!

Sollel's eyes widened in fear.

Gatria's sword was made from her essence. It was lethal, poisonous and sharp. It didn't have to touch one's skin to wound them, the force of Gatria's slash was enough to cut a person.

And her sword was now aimed at Hakkeran!

Hakkeran didn't even move— no, not that he didn't, but couldn't. It was too sudden! Too fast! Queen Gatria was just scolding Sollel and in a heartbeat, she arrived in front of Hakkeran with a sword in her hand. And with a force that made the whole castle tremble at her movement, she thrust her sword at Hakkeran chest.

Hakkeran was sure that Gatria's sword would kill him, it was too powerful that it even shook the castle. But before he felt the sword pierced his chest, his room became blistering hot and a loud flutter of wings was heard. And as fast as Gatria and her sword, Sollel appeared in less than a breath behind Hakkeran and used her flaming wings to block Gatria's attack and protect Hakkeran from Gatria's sword.

"Don't hurt him!" Sollel never raised her voice at Gatria to antagonize her, just then. "He didn't take advantage of me! How could you even think of hurting my man, Gatria? He was the one who made me happy again! He was the one who brought back my smile! He never gets tired of being there for me and I wanted to do the same for him. He loves me, Gatria! Truly! And I love him too!"

Hakkeran knew he was in an unfavorable situation, his life was literally at the tip of someone's sword, but when he heard those three words from his queen's lips, he forgot that his life was in danger and he just turned around, face his queen, cupped his lady's face and kissed her deeply and passionately.

And Sollel immediately melted when she felt Hakkeran's lips on hers. She wrapped her arms around Hakkeran's neck and kissed Hakkeran back with the same hunger and need. Her wings even started to fade as she focused on kissing Hakkeran back.