CHAPTER 53

CHAPTER 53

UNDER THE starless and moonless sky, the crimson color of flame covered the sky and balls of flame mercilessly rained down on the desolate valley, burning everything on the ground. From monsters to dead trees and any visible vegetation. Maybe if there was no moonrite stone present, Sollel's flame might've burned the humans too. Unfortunately, moonrite stone was her weakness, but fortunately, she had her cloak to absorb half of its effect.

But her strength was still limited and being suppressed by the stone.

As the sea of flames covered the ground, Hakken left Sollel's side and in a heartbeat, his war blades slashed General Kar who was surprised at the hunter's speed. Kar didn't remember the hunter whom he beat into pulp in the Valley of Bones to survive after his attacks, more so to see him fight fiercely. Kar felt like he was fighting a different man. The killing intent was palpable, the hunter's war blades were so fierce that it made Kar staggered back.

The hunter was so fast that Kar was having a hard time keeping up with his speed. His war hammer could smash and crush anyone, but its weight was its disadvantage in battle. Its weight limits his speed. Even using its ability, the condensed air sucking the hunter close so he could smash him to pulp, the hunter didn't even struggle to break free from his arcane weapon's ability.

The hunter lets the condenser air pulled him and just when Kar was about to deliver a mighty blow from his war hammer, his eyes widened, and he staggered back when he saw the hunter flipped his body mid-air and used his war blades to slash him on the front, wounding Kar and making him bleed!

Kar was not expecting such fighting prowess that it left him speechless. All he could remembering was beating this hunter and how weak he was— the reason why he underestimated him.

And now standing in front of the wounded General, Hakken rested the back of his war blades on his shoulder and smirked as he said, "payback for what you did to me in the Valley of Bones."

Wounded but tenacious, Kar gripped his war hammer and he attacked. But the Hunter was fast. Dodging his war hammer was an easy feat to the hunter, as if he knew the weakness of his weapon.

Gritting his teeth, Kar cussed and bombarded the hunter with formidable smashes. Kar was not going to admit defeat. The man was but a hunter. He should be no match for him.

At the moment that Hakken and Kar was fighting, the Adral warriors were focused on killing the monsters while the kingdom's mighty sorcerer and sorceress were hopelessly attacking the Mistress of Flame. But all their attacks were meaningless to the queen. It was like a child play was Warlord Hakkeran put it back when everyone was imprisoned near the Shivering Valley.

The sorcerer and sorceress were feeling the frustration seeing how the Mistress of Flame was repelling their attacks effortlessly, like swatting a bug. Even with the moonrite stone in their hands, they saw the Mistress of Flame yawned as if they were boring her.

"I apologized," the Mistress of Flame's voice was melodious, like a soft and caring caress. "I haven't had a good night's sleep." The queen flicked her wrist and the small monsters that was about to attack was burnt with no carcass left. "I miss my bed." She said longingly before she summoned another ball of flames and let it rain down on the sorcerer and sorceress.

The flame may not be as fierce as they remembered, maybe because of the moonrite stone's effect on her— if it was affecting her at all— they managed to survive the queen's attack with only bruises and small burnt.

Sollel sighed, seeing how weak her attacks were. "I'm so weak."

The sorcerer and sorcerers who heard it, their eyes bulged in disbelief, and they were all thinking the same thing.