CHAPTER 70

CHAPTER 70

WHEN CIRA WOKE up after fainting, she was already in Sollel's bedroom and Sollel who was looking after her was gracious enough to tell Cira everything that had happened since the moment they parted ways in Ager until what happened after she fainted.

Cira was crying after listening to Sollel's story. "I'm so sorry, Your Highness! I'm so sorry!"

Sollel frowned at Cira, she clearly didn't understand why Cira was crying. "Why are you crying? Did your mission to find the stone that could negate the moonrite's stone effect failed?"

"What...?" Cira blinked at Sollel while drying her tears. "No. I succeed."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because I didn't see you at your full power while burning the city of Faberion!" Cira wailed again, like a child that could get what she wanted. "Waaaaah! Waaaah! I hate you, Hakkeran! How could you not update me that my queen is already back in full power! You piece of shit warlord!"

Sollel shook her head at Cira. "You really didn't know that he's Hakken?"

Cira cried harder because she felt betrayed. "No, Your Highness. If I knew, I wouldn't pair you with Hakken." Then suddenly, Cira stoped wailing and crying as if something just entered her mind. "Wait— if Hakken was Hakkeran, then does that mean he took his own money?"

It was Sollel's time to frown. "What are you talking about, Cira?"

Cira immediately shared her story. "Remember when I was kicked out, Your Highness? It's because I visited Yther which was the town of Adral now. But at that time, there was still no town here and that's where I met Warlord Hakkeran. He was living in the ruins of the temple of Ignis — which was where this castle was located now. I thought he was homeless, but after we talked, we both realized that we wanted the same thing and that's to free the Yther's queens. So he recruited me and I accepted. But that idiot sent me away to Beastrela to study medicine that does not involve my essence saying it'll come in handy in the future," Cira rolled her eyes, "which, it did. I learned a lot of things. I thought he had forgotten about me until he just suddenly appeared in Beastrela carrying you."

Sollel got confused. "I thought you found me in the river after I fell..."

"Warlord Hakkeran found you in the river, then he brought you to me." Cira corrected her small little lies. "He told me to heal you in any way I can and that I should accompany you wherever you go."

"So you knew who I was at that time already?"

Cira looked down and nodded. "But I was so excited when you told me yourself that you're the Mistress of flame. I didn't need to tiptoe around you anymore and I can myself." Cira offered Sollel an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry for deceiving you, Your Highness."

Sollel shook her head. "You're just trying to help."

Tears fell from Cira's eyes and she just launched at Sollel and hugged her while crying. "Thank you so much for understanding me, Your Highness. It means so much to me."

A soft smile appeared on Sollel's lips as she combed Cira's hair. "You're always so silly, Cira. Without you and Hakken, I don't know where I'll be. The end doesn't justify the means, but for me, in my situation, it does. Thank you, Cira. Thank you for sticking with me and for being there for me."

Cira cried even harder that Sollel started laughing at her.

"I'm still mad at that warlord! Even though it was his money that we spent traveling, I still hate him because he accepted his own money as payment for his services! What a lousy benefactor!"