CHAPTER 64

CHAPTER 64

GABIN'S EYES settled on his lordship, who just entered the hall after an hour of being away. He wanted to ask if everything went well, but seeing how his excellency looked calm, Gabin knew everything went well.

He wanted to get his lordship's attention so he could report the result of their plan to his excellency, but his lordship was called by the emperor and he was invited to stand beside the emperor in front of everyone as the emperor offered a toast.

The warlord was emotionless as always making Gabin sighed. Can't His Excellency at least fake his smile?

"Everyone! Your attention, please!" A herald bellowed to get everyone's attention before the emperor raised his glass to speak.

"Everyone!" The emperor started and put his arm around Warlord Hakkeran. "This is our hero who captured the evil queen, the Mistress of Flame, my nephew, Warlord Hakkeran Adral!" Almost immediately, murmurs filled the air and most of them were women trying to get the warlord's attention not knowing that the warlord already surrendered his body, mind, heart and soul— his everything— to his queen. "I know most women here wants to have my nephew all to herself, that's why I'm happy to announce that my nephew will choose a woman who caught his attention tonight — or should I say, women?"

Most nobilities laughed heartily, even cheering the warlord on, since having lots of women was a perks the nobilities enjoys.

"Well, nephew," the emperor glanced at Hakkeran who had been silent since the beginning. "Have you chosen? You can choose anyone you like."

Hakkeran glanced at the emperor. "Really, Your Majesty? I really can?"

"Of course! This feast is for you and your warriors."

Hakkeran finally smiled and all the women in the hall nearly swoon at how handsome he looked. "Then, let me introduce the woman my heart has chosen, Your Majesty."

"Yes, yes. Go ahead." Replied the emperor who thought the woman Hakkeran was talking about was inside the hall. Only to be surprised when the warlord called for his commander.

"Gabin, open the hall's door and let my queen in."

Gabin bows his head at his lordship before he briskly walked towards the hall's door and using all his strength, he pulled it open widely before he stepped to the side with his head low to show a beautiful woman outside the door wearing a blood red off the shoulder long sleeve sequin sheath dress.

Gabin bowed his head and motioned his hand at the queen to enter, "please, Your Highness."

The woman with a blood red dress finally moved to step inside the hall and when she finally graces everyone with her beauty and elegance, multiple gasps of adoration and shocked filled the hall.

A graceful and powerful presence made everyone stop at what they were doing. It was only not the beauty nor the stunning dress, it was the bright red hair and lava-liquid eyes that took their breath away.

No dared move, knowing that such hair color and eyes could only mean one thing. A full-blooded Ytherian in their midst.

Their adoration turned sour and hostile, but still, no one dared move. Only whispers and murmurs of disdain filled the hall as the woman continued to walk towards the emperor who looked like he had seen death.

"Who is she?"

"What's with her hair?"

"Is he really an Ytherian?"

"Is she connected to Warlord Hakkeran?"

"What's happening?"

Lots of questions were thrown around in low voices, but nobody dared voice out their questions and just continued watching and observing. Meanwhile, members of nobilities who knew and remembered the face of the Mistress of Flame run towards the emperor to protect him while others run outside to call for the soldiers when they didn't see any soldiers inside the hall which was odd and unlikely.