CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14

SURROUNDED BY hundreds of human armies and demi-human warriors, a flame sorcerer at the front and a water sorcerer at the back, Sollel, Cira, and Hakken were fully trapped in the center. In the enemy's perspective, with their numbers and strength, they could already foresee their victory. Who could rival a flame and a water sorcerer? One sorcerer could take on hundreds of soldiers in a war. That's how different their strengths were from normal soldiers.

But to the three at the center, at least to Sollel, numbers meant nothing, and the sorcerers were nothing but a decoration.

"Cira," Sollel ordered, flames erupting from her hands as she clenched her fists, "control the movements of the demi-humans, even just for a few seconds. They are moving against their will. Hakken, I will leave the soldiers to you. I will take care of the sorcerers."

Cira nodded and readied five arrows from her quiver that was strapped on her back, while Hakken gripped his war blades tightly with a small smile on his face.

"Go." One simple word from Sollel and Hakken immediately sprinted toward the human armies while Cira effortlessly climbed to the highest peak of the fountain statue where she released her arrows.

Hakken was a force to be reckoned with as he wielded his war blades. No soldier could touch him. He could easily block and repel any attacks with his blades. He was lethal on the battlefield. His movements and his war blades were too sharp and destructive that the enemy soldiers were having a hard time pinning Hakken down. They couldn't even land a fatal blow against him. Forget about pinning him down—it was a brutal task.

On the other hand, Cira was the complete opposite of Hakken's brutal strength. She was calmly standing at the highest peak of the fountain statue, looking at the demi-humans waiting for their master's will. With five arrows in between her fingers, she aimed and covered her arrows with her essence.

"Attack!" Lord Tane Duves, the head of the Duves family, shouted in rage from the top of his lungs, ordering his enslaved demi-humans. "Kill them all! Kill them for my son! Avenge my son!"

A demi-human warrior was much stronger than a soldier, but Cira was ready. The moment the order was given, she simultaneously released the five arrows in between her fingers and then another volley of arrows and another. Each arrow landed fiercely on the ground, a meter from each other, digging into the cement surface, forming a blockade.

The demi-humans who were sprinting toward the center discarded the harmless arrows on the ground and were all ready to attack when they slammed against an invisible wall, forcing them back and stopping their pursuit.

Cira didn't waste her time. In a split second, she jumped high into the air, and with precision that only an elven warrior would possess, she used her remaining arrows filled with her essence to form a barricade around the demi-humans to block them.

The demi-humans continued to struggle inside the barricade Cira made. The arrows looked harmless, but every time the demi-humans tried to pass them, they would slam into an invisible wall. Unbeknownst to the demi-humans and to Lord Tane, the invisible wall was made from Cira's essence, and the arrows were just a medium to materialize it.

But it won't last long. "Your Highness!" Cira bellowed when she landed on the ground after jumping high into the air.

Hearing Cira calling for her, Sollel tossed a small ball of flame at the water sorcerer she was fighting, and when her flame landed against the water shield the water sorcerer conjured to protect himself, the small flame exploded, blasting the water sorcerer away.

Maybe if it was Aenwyn's aqua shield, her flames would have a hard time penetrating it. But it was just a shield of a water sorcerer, a far cry from Aenwyn's aqua shield.