CHAPTER 44

CHAPTER 44

FROM oblivion to pitch black darkness, Sollel suddenly opened her eyes and abruptly sat up. Feeling disoriented and frantic, she immediately delved into her own memories to remember what happened and to figure out where she was. After the moonrite stone drained me, Zassia used her flame to keep me safe from everyone. Then after that... It was hazy. All she could remember was that when the flame cage disappeared and just as she was waiting for the high-tiers sorcerers attacks, the sky became red, and she lost consciousness.

Sollel focused all her attention on her body, checking if she had wounds or any damaged. A breath of relief escaped her lips when she found that there was nothing amiss in her body. She was perfectly fine.

Then her eyes dropped to her wrist when she felt a foreign object around it.

An exquisite shackle bracelet with an intricate design – it was beautiful, but still a shackle.

In less than a second, Sollel had the shackle in her right hand checked and her eyes narrowed on the little stone on the center of her new bracelet. Her eyes widened when she realized what is was!

A moonrite stone?!

Realizing that, Sollel immediately checked her flame essence. She was more than a hundred percent certain that the stone on the shackle was a moonrite stone, but it was not draining her. Instead, it was limiting her strength.  Not too week that someone could pick on her without dying, but not too strong that she could kill a warlord.

Who put this on me and where am I?

Wherever she was, it was dark and dry. Not seeing a damn thing, she flicked her fingers and a flame with the size of her fist floated in the air. The second her surroundings brightened, she quickly realized she was in a cave. Roaming her squinted eyes around, she narrowed her eyes on the corner of the cave when she saw a figure leaning on the cave's wall as if sleeping.

Sollel carefully got up and her flame followed beside her as she walked towards the figure and her lips parted when she saw who it was.

Warlord... Hakkeran.

Sollel raised her right hand to look at the shackle on her wrist and then looked at the warlord again.

He put this on me, afraid that I might kill him? How adorable.

Without making a sound, Sollel carefully kneeled beside Hakkeran to check if he was carrying important that would interest her.

No weapons. No bag. No water canteen. No, nothing. Sollel frowned at the warlord's handsome face before she started patting his leather armor to look for hidden items that she might find useful. When her hands dropped down to the warlord's waist, her gaze was stolen by the item he wore on both his wrists.

A bangle made of pure smiydian, the strongest metal in Azitera that only the dwarves could melt and cast. And in the center of that bracelet, like a filling, was a lava-like liquid. It was beautiful that Sollel couldn't help running her thumb over it.

So, you have it. Sollel thought.

Sighing to herself, Sollel got up when she picked up a sound of a running water outside. After turning one left and one right, Sollel finally reached the entrance to the cave. Commanding the floating flame beside her to disappear, she stepped out from the cave and looked around.

Pure white snow. Everything was covered in ice.

Sollel's eyes widened when she realized where she was. The shivering valley?