CHAPTER 56

CHAPTER 56

THE AQUATIC BEAST territory was massive. The different body of waters and its beasts' inhabitants that Sollel could see from the gryphon's back made her feel thankful that she was riding on Nessus back because if they crossed the aquatic beast territory by foot, Sollel didn't know if she would remain calm on their journey.

"You're such a very useful companion, Nessus." Sollel complimented the gryphon while caressing its feathers making Nessus purr while flying. "You like me more, right? Then why don't you become my companion? I will bless you with my flame, so you'll be known as a flaming gryphon. Do you like that?"

Nessus jumped in the air while flying to show his excitement and Hakken who was listening and watching the interaction just sighed, knowing his partner had become smitten. Gryphons were rare creatures that chooses their master through strength, and it looks like Nessus was drawn to his lady's strength which was understandable, really.

My lady is formidable after all, Hakken thought while watching his lady petting Nessus.

"Look, teacher, we're near the border," Zassia pointed the forest covered in mist on top that no flying creature could get through. "In a few hours, we'll reach that forest, and we'll finally walk." Zassia was excited since she hated height.

While Sollel was not feeling happy. She would love to keep riding on Nessus back, but seeing the dark mist above the forest, she knew they had to walk, or Nessus will be in trouble. And Nessus had been flying for the whole day, carrying four people. It needed rest.

Hakken's gryphon was a fast flyer, they reached the aquatic beasts' border in no time.

Jumping from Nessus back down to the muddy ground, Sollel sighed heavily and caressed Nessus beak affectionately. "You rest well, okay, Nessus? I'll see you soon."

Nessus rubbed his beak against Sollel's face, making Sollel smile and chuckle. The gryphon was so adorable that she felt a little lonely seeing it entering the enchanted animal bead to rest.

Setting aside the little loneliness she felt, Sollel looked at the forest in front of them. Unlike the other part of desolate land, this was full of life. It had colorful trees and glowing, beautiful flowers and it was beautiful, until Zassia hit them with ugly truth.

"We have to be careful," said Zassia while everyone was gazing at the forest. "The brighter the trees and flowers are, the poisonous they are."

The three sighed at what they heard and Grath pointed out the obvious.

"Every tree and flowers and are bright and glowing, Lady Zassia."

Zassia nodded. "It means very poisonous."

"It's a plant," Sollel summoned a flame in her hand. "Unlike those aquatic beasts, it'll burn."

"Yes." Zassia agreed and the three were back to being happy when Zassia added a caveat. "When these trees and flowers die by flame, they'll explode and create a toxic gas that could kill in an instant once inhaled."

Sollel willed her flame to disappear. "In short, my flame is useless in this forest."

Zassia nodded at Sollel. "Yes, teacher. Grath could use his claws, but not his flame claws to kill any human devouring plant. And Lord Hakken could use his war blades to secure our path. The only good thing about this forest even though it's long, it's not that wide. We can cross it in a day."

The three looked at Zassia who was explaining in full details what they should do, then the three shared a look.

"Zassia," it was Sollel and when Zassia heard her name being called by her teacher, she immediately gave her whole attention to Sollel.