CHAPTER 49

CHAPTER 49

SEEING THE HORRIFIC scene in the sky that was now painted in crimson and the feeling of the scorching air before the ball of flames rained down, all soldiers and sorcerers shuddered in terror and desperation to live. Even General Kar felt a tinged of fear when he saw the sky. It was the same back in the valley of bones, the only difference was the shape. But the formidable strength on display was similar.

"Shield!" Was the only word General Kar able to bellow as hundreds of balls of flame with fearsome heat started falling from the sky to the ground, inescapable and merciless. Exploding on impact and shaking the ground as if an earthquake was shaking the land.

The terrifying impact of each ball of flame with the same size as a large bolder echoed and thunderously. And as the ball of flame fell one after another, a fierce of sea of flame was created, engulfing the land and everyone on the site with scalding flame.

Screams of terror and pain erupted from behind General Kar, but he only had one arcane weapon and he could only protect himself.

Squinting her eyes, he turned to his side and saw Gabin, the Adral commander, holding a shield— an arcane weapon— to protect the warlord and the warrior nearest to them. The relief that they were safe instantly vanished when he saw the state the kingdom soldiers and sorcerers were in.

It was hell. On Azitera.

Consumed with rage, General Kar shouted and glared at the Mistress of flame who was just standing on the other side of the stream, watching as if enjoying the destruction she caused. "You will pay!"

With all his might, Kar threw his war hammer at the Mistress of flame, aiming to squash her head, but before his war hammer could reach her, a ball of flame fell on his hammer and squashed it to the ground, stopping its movement. "You evil Queen!"

Kar willed his war hammer to come back so he could throw it again at the queen when another ball of flame hit his war hammer, burying it to the ground. The impact was too massive that his war hammer couldn't come back to his hand.

As balls of flame kept slamming and exploding on his war hammer on the ground, in the midst of that explosion, the queen remains standing. Her long wavy red hair was swaying with the blow of the sweltering air caused by the explosion, the pupil in her eyes were swirling with lava-like liquid and her cloak glowed red as if mocking everyone that it could withstand a formidable flame and survived.

But General Kar was known for his tenacity, with all the strength of his will, with great difficulty, he was able to call back his war hammer! However, before it could be used to attack the Mistress of flame again, the queen's voice rang out to everyone who survived the terrifying attack.

"Oh, my... how weak. I'm just starting." The voice was refined and elegant, but cold and merciless. "Blood of flame, come forth and heed my call. Flame prison!"

Before anyone could react to the Mistress of Flame's words, the sea of flame on the ground disappeared, as if it had been sucked and a heartbeat later, four pillars made of lava-like liquid erupted from the ground, surrounding the surviving enemies in four sides. These pillars were connected by bolts of flame—from the top to the side, caging the survivors inside and limiting their movement so they couldn't reach her.

Surrounded by moonrite stone, it was a miracle that Sollel could still even stand. And after she made the pillar prison with her blood flame, she was drained and would drop unconscious if she didn't escape as fast as she could.

Sollel realized that the only reason she was still standing was the cloak Hakkeran gave her. Somehow, it was helping her block the full effect of the moonrite stone on her to such degree, but not enough to completely block it all off. Just enough to that she wouldn't be instantly vulnerable in the presence of the stone.