Levi's Alone

I'm sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Levi’s Alone

            Numb. Levi couldn’t feel anything. He didn’t even know how he was still alive. The only reason he could tell that he was alive right now was because of how much pain he was in and also because of how the cold bit him, numbing him to the bone. His wings were the only protection he had against the bitter cold alongside the snow boots that were several sizes too big. He found himself at the border of the woods. Erwin had stopped shooting for the moment, probably because Erwin thought he had shot Levi dead. Levi could just see Erwin’s figure in the frame of the door… All he had to do was make a run for it. And then Levi stood up quickly on shaky legs making a mad dash for the woods. It was hard to run with the boots he had on, but they were the only thing that was keeping Levi from losing his feet. And… There was a loud bang and Levi was sure Erwin had fired at him…

            Luckily missing again.

            Levi didn’t stop though. He didn’t stop when he entered the forest. He didn’t stop when he heard more gun fire. And he sure as hell wasn’t going to stop if he could help it. But with every step Levi took, it seemed to be getting harder and harder… Moving was becoming difficult… His vision was blurry… His wing was still bleeding… He felt lightheaded and his breathing was heavy. He couldn’t help it when he started to sway as he slowed down to a walk. By now the snow seemed to be pouring onto him. Blizzard-like conditions was what it felt like, although Levi had never been in a blizzard before… He could only assume that this was what it was.

            After what seemed like forever in the snow, Levi couldn't take it anymore. He was tired… no, flat out exhausted. The pain in his wing was unbearable. It hurt him like fire, a white pain burning his whole body. His head hurt. His legs hurt. His lungs hurt… He wanted it to end. He wanted the pain to go away.

            Levi fell.

            Now that he was laying on his side, Levi shivered violently from the intensity of the cold snow. His white wing slumped and was twitching slightly in the snow while the other one was wrapped around his body. Levi was actually thankful for the snow… It was making his pain numb… He was starting to feel nothing…

            So with shaky hands Levi pulled out the camera he had with him, luckily it hadn’t broken… Levi felt his lip quiver. This would be the last time he could ever record.

            Levi turned the camera on and pressed record. “Eren…” That was his opening for all of his recordings except for the first one, followed by the same phrase, “I don’t know if you’ll find this…” And then Levi would talk as if Eren was there, as if the camera was Eren. “As you can s-see…” His voice wavered, “I finally got out… I’m free… but…” Levi bit his lip trying to hold back tears that threatened to fall. Levi was trying to keep himself composed but he knew that it wasn’t going to last long. He could already feel himself slipping… “Er-Erwin he… He…” His voice cracked and he almost dropped the camera. His fingers numb, “He tried to r-rape me… And… He b-broke my wing… It’s bleeding Eren… It hurts, Eren. It hurts.” Levi could no longer see the camera, he had to wipe his tears from his eyes. He took in a shuddered breath, his breathing was uneven and becoming shallow. Levi snorted, it was a distorted laugh, “Looks like this is the end… Isn’t it? At l-least I won’t die being imprisoned b-by S-Shitwin…” Then the camera blinked, signaling that it was about to die… Levi felt like he could relate to the camera. Levi ended his video with the same phrase, except for the first one, “And I don’t know if you’re looking for m-me anymore or even c-care… but…” Levi made eye contact with the camera, as if he really was talking to Eren, “I still love you, Eren.” That’s when the camera blinked, made a beeping sound, and died.