Levi's First Love

Levi’s First Love

            Love. That was something Levi wasn’t very familiar with. It really was a foreign word. Sometimes you fall before you fly. In his case, he had to stumble in the dark, fall on his face, and get up again... Only to walk into the wall. That’s was how Levi felt. Love made people blind. It made people struggle. But the end result was worth it… Wasn’t it? Levi felt it was. He never felt more human in his life than now. And at the center of it all stood Eren. Levi folded his wings around him. He was sitting comfortably on the couch. He was stuffed thanks to Eren and his cooking. They had just finished eating dinner together.

            There was a clink of plates in the kitchen. Levi listened quietly. He heard Eren doing the dishes they had argued over. Levi volunteered to do the dishes but Eren wouldn’t let him, claiming that Levi had been cleaning all day at work and now it was his turn. He sighed as he used his wings for warmth. He looked down at the folded shirt on the coffee table. Maybe I should slit a couple of my shirts so I can wear them with my wings out… There was a shuffling in the kitchen. Eren was done with the dishes. Levi could hear him doing something and then make his way out of the kitchen. Click. Levi flinched as he lowered his wings slightly. He peeked out and saw Eren standing there with a camera. Click. “Oi… Stop that…”

            Eren responded to Levi with a soft chuckle, “But you’re so photogenic…” Levi glared at him and Eren sighed, “Alright, alight… I’ll put it down.” He said whilst setting his camera gently on the table. Levi felt the couch shift beneath him as Eren sat down, “So… What did you want to talk about?”

            Levi shifted his weight as he thought. He was trying to find a good way to word it just right, but was there even a right way to say something like that? Let’s start with something simple. He moved his wings back so he could see Eren better. “I think…” No. There wasn’t any doubt in his mind. “I like you, Eren.” He watched as Eren’s cheeks dusted with a light blush.

            “Good. I’m glad you like me.” Levi felt Eren’s hand brush against his left wing. It would have been nice, but Eren didn’t seem to understand how much Levi liked him. So he leaned forward.

            “No, Eren I don’t think you understand…” Levi was now leaning on Eren, one hand on the couch for support and the other hand on Eren’s chest, “I like-like you… A lot.” Levi leaned closer to Eren, tilting his head just slightly as he kissed him. This was the first time Levi could enjoy the kiss. The first time had been a dream, the second time he had been recovering but now… Levi felt like a heavy weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. He pulled away slowly. Eren looked like he was in shock. Did he not like that..? Was that too fast? Oh no, it was, wasn’t it? “Sorry…”Levi moved to get away from Eren but it was futile. He felt Eren pull him back into another kiss.

            As they separated, Eren cupped Levi’s cheek, “Why are you apologizing?” His thumb brushed against Levi’s cheek as he spoke. “I’ve liked you for the longest time, Levi… You have no idea… I just didn’t want to… You know, force myself on you… I wanted your trust.” So I wasn’t the only one who felt that way… Good. Levi watched as Eren’s eyes raised to meet his, “I would have waited forever to gain that trust if I had to.”