Levi is Auctioned

Levi is Auctioned

►►▌

            Cruel. This world is cruel. Levi awoke with a jolt. He knew that there were several things wrong. He wasn't in his cage. There wasn't really even a cage. Just glass all around him which was almost in his face. Levi got up but was stopped less than half way there. He was able to get on his knees. He could only move his hands several inches above the ground before they were stopped by the chains. His heart started to race and his wings gave a desperate flap. What the fuck is going on? Levi didn't like this one bit. He watched as two guards were walking by, talking, but Levi couldn't hear them. He couldn't hear anything outside the glass cage. Levi, claustrophobic by the lack of space. The air was being provided from a vent in the ceiling. Levi had no hope to even get near it. He couldn't even touch the glass because of the chains.

            Thud! Levi jumped slightly and turned his head as much as he could. It was Hanji. She was saying things, practically yelling them it seemed. It was kind of muffled. Levi couldn't comprehend a single thing. Levi didn't start to worry until she started to cry. Hanji is crying... Why? Levi felt worried by this. She said several other things as she cried and then slowly moved away from the glass. She gave a small wave. As if this was her last goodbye. She turned to leave. “Hanji, wait where are you going? What's going on? Don't leave. Answer my questions.” It was no use, she couldn't hear him. Levi pulled on the chains until his skin turned red. It was all frustrating.

            The ground shifted and Levi's glass cage sunk into the ground. It wasn't actually sinking into the ground. It was a machine lowering the cage down to the next floor. Everything was pitch black and soon as the cage was settled onto the ground, lights blinded Levi from all sides. Levi naturally shielded himself. When his eyes adjusted he frowned at the horrific sight. People, tons and tons of people. They were everywhere. All of them dissecting Levi with their eyes. Levi almost felt naked in their presence. His 'clothing' felt like scraps. He wasn't use to so many people in one room...

            Luckily, no one could see Levi's innermost turmoil stirring inside him. People should consider themselves lucky to see any expression at all. His face was always deadpanned other than a slight frowning. He watched as figures moved closer to his cage. Masks. They all had masks on. “Tch...” Levi felt angry at this. Why the fuck are they wearing masks? Probably because they are participating in illegal business, obviously. Everyone was allowed to see his face, but he couldn't see theirs. In a way, it was a good thing he couldn't see their faces because if he did, Levi would take the time to memorize them... Just so he could tear them apart later when he got out.

            Look at them... All looking at Levi like he was the animal. They themselves were animals, hiding behind their own animal masks. Filthy. Disgusting. Animals. Their attention was suddenly taken by a man in a suit, a scientist that Levi recognized. He was announcing something and everyone was listening. The bidding had just begun. To think, one of these terrible people were purchasing another human...mutant. Like he was some slave. Beneath them. Which was the case considering Levi was on his knees, hands on the ground, looking up. (He was short as it was, this was just plain cruel). Levi felt small, as if the ground had become quicksand and was swallowing him whole. He despised this feeling of being lesser than them... weak. He knew he wasn't. Levi was- Is better than these scum that were called people.

            There was a sudden shift in the room. People were leaving. Levi only could guess that the bidding was done... What happened to Hanji's plan? The room was on the verge of emptiness when the glass lifted up. Merging into the ceiling where Levi had originally came from, Levi was left there chained to the ground. It made Levi nervous, his wings gave a little flap. Sadly the cage was the only thing that protected him. His wings could only do so much.

            Levi looked around. Were they just going to leave him here? It was starting to get uncomfortable just waiting on his knees (the stockings couldn't help with the hard floors) and Levi was sure that the floor wasn't clean. Click. The small sound reached his ears. What was that?...it came from behind- Levi turned his head over his shoulder. He came face to face with someone who had eyes of the ocean and messy brown hair. Levi gasped and pulled back, he hadn't been expecting that. He was sure he just had a heart attack. Where the fuck did he-? Was he there the whole time? What-? How? Before any of those questions could be answered, he had to stop himself from smashing his face into the ground. Pulling away that fast was a mistake because his hands only could go a couple inches. Fortunately, Levi managed to turn his body enough to land on his shoulder, which didn't hurt at all.

            “Oh, sorry! Did I startle you?” The man- no, Levi was sure that he was a teen or something because he definitely looked like a brat. He has no mask. “Are you alright?” He put his camera away, crouched down and was reaching for Levi.

            “Tch. Don't fucking sneak up on people like that.” Levi said in irritation, the brat seemed to wince at what Levi had said. And stop acting like you care. Levi flinched, his wings flapped, well one did, the other was pinned on the ground slightly under him. “Don't touch me, brat.” He hissed trying to gain enough balance to sit up again.

            Levi watched the brat frown, “I'm not a brat. I'll have you know I turned 21 earlier in the year.” He paused looking at Levi with determined eyes, “I'm Eren.” Eren. He smiled brightly as if this was a good thing. Levi was annoyed by his stupid smile. Why is he smiling anyway? Wait... Levi rolled his eyes and let out a sigh. Of fucking course, I was sold to a brat. This place was really like hell, never ending.

            Levi finally was able to sit up. He cringed at the brat who was known as Eren. His wings extended into a stretch. Levi watched as Eren had this wide eyed expression that could only be described as innocent and gullible. His eyes seemed to flood with curiosity as he watched Levi’s wings flex. Maybe escaping would be possible… But maybe, just maybe, Levi would get along with this human. He was taking him away from this hell hole... Quite possibly something could work out. After all, birds can’t be caged forever.

            “Levi.”