Levi Decides

Levi Decides

            Shocked. Levi was shocked to hear what Hanji just said, “Eren is… Grisha’s son…” He repeated to himself. “Grisha is the man who basically kept me imprisoned there?” Levi forced his brain to start working again so he could process this new information. It slowly began to sink in.

            “...does that mean… Eren did this because of his father? Is he treating you nice and everything because of it…? Was his niceness a fluke!?”

            Really, Hanji… Levi wished she would just shut up. He was well aware that Eren could have been lying this whole time. Tricking him. Really, Levi wanted to disregard everything Hanji was saying… but what is it was true? Levi felt his heart drop. He actually was starting to believe that he had a place he could call home. Wait. But this doesn’t make sense. “Hanji… If Eren’s father was owner of the company, then why didn’t Eren just ‘inherit’ me? How come he went to an auction? How come-”

            Hanji held up her hands, “Levi! Hold up. I don’t know. He could have been there for several reasons… And as far as I know, Eren’s father and mother are dead.” She brought her hand up to her chin in a thinking jester.

            Oh yeah. That’s right… they’re dead. “Now that I recall, Eren did tell me that his parents died. He also told me that he wasn’t old enough to inherit his father’s job, nor did he want to take his father’s job…” Levi wanted to believe that he was right, that Eren was good. He was just starting to trust someone. If it came down to it. He wanted Eren to admit and then he would make his choice… “Okay Hanji, I have an idea…”

▐►►

            Today was a nice day despite that the weather was starting to get cold. The leaves have been slowly peeling away from the trees as it got colder. It’s been a couple of days since Levi had been able to get out of bed. Hanji had to make sure he was okay before she let him out of bed, to which Levi was irritated at how long that process took.

            Somehow, Levi worked up the nerve to go to the store again. He needed to buy stuff. If he was going to keep up with everything. He needed warmer clothes for the winter and food. That was his goal and as long as people would leave him alone, Levi thought he could get it done. Though at some point Levi did wonder if the choice he made was the right one… It’s a choice with no regrets. Levi thought. There’s no looking back. Don’t show fear. I need to be brave… even if I’m at a filthy store with filthy people.

            Levi was looking through shirts with a cringe on his face. He’d have to wash his hands later. He was looking at the designs that decorated it. They were known as graphic tees. It was a weird concept that Levi didn’t really understand, all he knew was that they had cool designs on them. As Levi passed yet another repeated shirt, he stopped and gazed at the different shirt in front of him. It was like the one Eren had worn. It was with overlapped wings and said Wings of Freedom on it. Levi actually liked the shirt when Eren had worn it, and now Levi had a chance to get it. Levi pulled it off of the rack and stared at it. His memory playing in his mind.