Levi Gets Sick

Levi Gets Sick

▐►►

            Cold. Levi was shivering cold when he woke up. He had hardly slept all night. He had been tossing and turning and sometimes getting out of bed to walk around the room. Levi opened his eyes and rubbed them.

            “I’m glad to see that you’re awake… A voice said causing Levi to jump slightly. Levi looked up to see who it belonged to. Who the-? It was a man standing near the door. His arms were folded across his chest. He moved slowly and adjusted his glasses, “… and still alive Levi. Now we can talk.”

            “About what? What’s going on? What happened?” Levi asked confused. Levi had no idea who the man even was, yet he was sure he knew him somehow.

            The man seemed to ignore Levi’s questions, his face was sour with what seemed like anger and sadness, “You know exactly what you did…! I can’t believe you! After all that I did for you… you…” He wiped tears from his eyes, “I let you live here, fed you, gave you clothes… I even permit you to play with my son… You defiled him. He doesn’t trust me anymore. And to top it off..! The nerve!” The man seemed to be very angered now, his tears blinding his eyes and dripping down his cheeks.

            Levi was speechless, he was still very confused as to what was going on. The man was moving towards Levi’s bed now. “Wait, I don’t understand-”

            The man reached for Levi and grabbed him by his shirt pulling him into sitting position, “I hope you said goodbye to my son because you won’t ever see him again. I’m sending you back where you came from!” He yelled as tears poured from his eyes. He raised his other hand, “I’ll make sure you don’t see the light of day again!” With that, the man’s hand collided with Levi’s face with a loud smack. The force of the smack caused Levi to fall backwards into his bed.

            Despite hitting the bed, it still hurt to fall into it. It felt like his whole body hurt, yet at the same time Levi’s body went numb. He felt everything and nothing at the same time. He began to shake and curl up into a ball. He covered his face with his hands. No. Not this. I don’t want to go back. I don’t want to be caged again. The horrors of going back to his imprisonment was terrifying. Levi’s blood ran cold, “Wait! I don’t want to go back! I didn’t mean it! I didn’t, honestly! Give me another chance!” The room was quiet as if time had stopped. After a while of silence, Levi knew that it meant one thing, he was going back.

            Levi sat upready to face the man. Where did he go? The man had disappeared. Levi’s bedroom was empty again. Then it hit him all at once. He groaned. He felt terrible. It felt like everything hurt all at once. He was burning up, yet he also was shivering. What the fuck? Was that a dream… or did it actually happen?  He rubbed his eyes. Levi felt so exhausted and very sore. Regardless of all of that he forced himself out of bed. When his feet hit the cold floor they screamed for him to stop. Levi took a step towards the door which was actually harder than it was supposed to be. The floor appeared to move, it made Levi dizzy. It was hard to focus because his vision was blurry. He was extremely light headed, he fell to the floor landing on his knees. Levi breathed in slowly and then slowly stood up once more. He used the wall for support.