㉝ Our bond

So I play them like a violin
And I make it look, oh, so easy

🌑

Steve Rogers

Though they spent little time together during the investigation, Steve Rogers is certain he knows Bucky enough. When they found (Y/n) Stark and solved the case, He could understand why Bucky wanted to disappear for a bit. It was tough for him as well knowing he lost Peter's life on his account.

But not three months, and somehow, the texts that Bucky sent to Steve doesn't feel right.

   "You can come in now." Steve hears Fury's voice. It took him forever to get an appointment with the head of the FBI.

   "Thank you for agreeing to see me," Steve says, looking at the higher-ranked officers who sit calmly on his chair.

   "What's this about? I thought you abandoned us for good. We offered you a position here and you wanted to go back to being a private investigator, so do you want the job now?"

   "I'm here about... the Spider's case."

   Fury stuns after what he heard, but then he shrugs it off. "What about it? We got the murderer, we are praised, the Stark girl went back to her father and everything is over now."

   "I have a gut feeling that it doesn't..." He says. Then hurriedly dumbs files and papers onto Fury's table. "I've been looking through the case all over again. Something just doesn't add up."

   "Like what?" There's a tone of mockery in Fury's voice.

   "Everything! I think." Steve looks like he's losing his mind, "Everything that feels a little bit off, is all covered up. Like how the Stark girl can't even tell where she was kept at."

   "She was kidnapped, if she had known where she was, she would have escaped on her own."

   "Or how the security cameras in the parking lots of Peter's death day magically don't work all of the sudden. Or the pieces of evidence with Pietro Maximoff's blood on Stark girl's body that was destroyed before it was even analyzed."

   "What are you even hinting at?" Fury furrows.

   "Wanda Maximoff! She's Pietro's twin. She was never looked into and there are no records of her at all. But what if Pietro wasn't the only Spider? What if he had been working with his twin sister the whole time and right now she's still out there..." He stops, wondering if he should say it, "She's out there... kidnapping Bucky Barnes.

   Nick Fury stares.

   Nick Fury looks down.

   Nick Fury laughs out, starts wheezing, starts crying, and slapping his table.

     Steve Rogers confusedly stares back.

  "Oh, my dear Jesus... this is all because agent Barnes went to Canada?! Hahaha!" He points at Steve's face. "I thought it was just a rumor."

   "What rumor...?"

   "Well, you two seem to have cared fondly for each other. Now that he's gone, it's probably so heart breaking that you think you did something wrong."