❶ If it takes everything

You are my strange addiction.

Peter Benjamin Parker

   I watch (Y/n) Stark from afar.

   Today she's wearing a new leather jacket, it's very similar to her old one but the shades of red are a little bit different. Everything seems different today.

   Though she acts interests in the lecture, I can sense her mind wandering away. She's thinking of something, maybe even planning on it. But what is it about?

   I have been observing her for three months now, ever since that day we first met. I don't even know if I could call it that, we bumped into each other and dropped all of our stuff. She was in a hurry in the rain on that sidewalk. I was about to apologize when she looked back at me with a little stain of red on her cheekbone. Blood.

   I thought I'd never see her again until she was transferred from another college to mine. Ever since, I cannot stop watching every move she makes.

"Dude," Ned, my best friend ever since high school whispers at me. "If you stare at her a little longer, you will get a restraining order for sure."

"Ned. I just— have questions about her."

"Just like everyone here. She doesn't speak, doesn't care to have a friend, gets straight A in every course. She's quite a mystery to us all, but as you can see, none of the others stare at her that intensely like you do." He teases.

"Stop it. I was just looking."

"You looked like a stalker, to be honest man." He chuckles.

"Noisy boys. Shush it will ya?" The professor tells us. We say sorry quietly, the whole class turns to look at us. Except for (Y/n), she just sits straight and stares ahead.

I hate to admit it, but Ned wasn't wrong.

I stalked her for the last few months. Every day, from when she leaves home and goes anywhere, to when she gets back. I got pictures of hers in my cameras, each day in an album, following every footstep she had taken. Polaroids of her all over the walls of my bedroom.

I'm not proud of it, but she is hiding something and I have to figure it out. Even if it takes everything. Plus, I find it difficult to get her out of my mind.

"You wanna come back and finish the legos together?" Ned asks.

"No. I mean. Not today Ned." I say.

"You've said that a hundred times already." He sighs.

"I'm sorry, I've got—"

"—An urgent thing to do for May, I know. It's okay dude."

We turn the attention back to the professor, I try my best to look away from (Y/n) but it is difficult. Eventually, our class is over for the day, and my obsession starts.

I leave the class, following (Y/n) in the hallway. Then I look into my notebook about (Y/n)'s yesterday routine.

2/3/2020