㉞ Our fucked up affection

Loving him was red.

🥀

The cemetery is a fun place to play hide and seek.

   At least to you but not quite to Steve Rogers.

   "I know it's you, Detective Rogers." You say against the sound of the rainstorm. "I also know you've been digging up my case again just for one person, your partner Agent Barnes."

   Steve Rogers is hiding behind one of the tombstones. He is in complete fear and shock. Not just fear of you, but stunned at how he misjudged the whole case. What exactly was the truth behind everything?

   "I know you must be aware I am not the type to mourn over some random guy who saved me. So you must've figured out by now there's more to Peter Parker than just your recruit." You swing the shovel around with a smirk.

   Steve looks at the picture on his phone, he needs to send this to someone. But who?

   He sent to Nick Fury first then run to hide behind another stone.

   "That picture wouldn't do a damn thing, Rogers. As far as the press are concerned, I'll just look like a grieving girl going batshit insane. What's new anyway?"

   You hear footsteps and run to it.

   "All right then. You're bored of hide and seek and wants to play tag you're it, instead." You run after the sound with laughter that echoes inside your head, and for the first time, the headache you've been struggling with seemingly gets a bit better.

   You turn to the left as Steve and yourself run into a corner, he turns to you with the phone in one hand, and a gun in another.

   Your eyes widened as he shoots his shot. It hits your shovel, damn near close to your head.

   "Lordy! You could've killed a singer. That would be scandalous." You smile at him. The fearless stares disturb him to his core.

   "I won't hesitate to do it." He says.

   "That would be sad if I die. You'll never get to see Bucky again." You say casually, that name causes Steve to lower his guard down.

   "You know where he is...?"

   "Like the back of my hands." You say. "You wouldn't want him to slowly rot because I can't go back and unchain him, do you?"

   "What...? You were...?"

"I'm not the Spider, why the fuck would I kidnap myself." You roll your eyes.

"But Peter Parker is not in the casket... This whole thing just doesn't make sense! Tell me where Bucky is--!"

Bang!

You shoot him in his hand, his handgun drops as he screams in pain. You had another gun with you, you just needed some time to distract Rogers.

You put the gun back into your red leather jacket, something you've grown to like from your own character in your book.