Chapter 2 (Edited)

It was a new day in Pallet Town and a child named Ash and his little friend Meltan are sleeping in Ash's room until his alarm clock woke both of them up Meltan was both annoyed and hungry trying to eat the device until Ash stopped it. 

"Ash comes down for breakfast," called Delia wanting to see if he was awake. 

"Coming Mom," called Ash changing his clothes and preparing for the day. 

As the duo came down to eat breakfast, they find to Delia and Seri talking about something that he couldn't listen to properly. Granted that he and Meltan were stuffing their faces with food or metal in Meltan's case. 

"Thank you for your opinion Delia, but I think it would be best to ask them," said Seri facing the child and Meltan who are caught off guard and turned to face the researcher. 

"What is it Miss Seri?" said Ash as he and Meltan tilted their head curious about what they were talking about. 

"Well Ash I think be best to ask the first question, what is your dream?" said Seri. 

"Well my dream is to be a Pokemon Master," said Ash full of confidence and joy. 

"Pokemon Master? Would you explain what would be the definition of that?" said Seri who was acting stupid to see if the child was serious.

 "Well I heard it was a position to be the strongest Pokemon Trainer in the World," said Ash who was a bit less confident not really understanding the position himself. 

"I see but that is not a Pokemon Master dear Ash," said Seri who smiled to calm his nerves.

"Then what is it?" asked Ash who was now really curious.

"Well a Pokemon Master would be someone who would be the balance of the links of both the human and Pokemon worlds meaning he would be the person to follow to achieve true peace for both worlds," said Seri reminiscent of something

"Wow the person would be an important person for the peace of the world?" said Ash saying the parts that made sense to him. 

"Yes in the old times that was the definition but now it would be a person who understands and is able to bring out the best in Pokemon," said Seri. 

"So are specialist Pokemon Masters?" said Ash catching Seri off guard by the sudden question.

"Well in some cases it would be true but other than that you would either need to be an Elite Four or Champion levels of power to have the title of Pokemon Master," said Seri trying to simplify the answer for the child. 

"Oh, if that's the case are there a lot of Pokemon Masters?" said Ash full of curiosity about the subject. 

"In this case no, because you would need to conquer several leagues for that title," said Seri happy to answer the young boy's curiosity. 

"Wow that would mean the position of Pokemon Master is extremely hard to obtain," said Ash feeling a bit down now understanding the difficulty. Seri noticed this and smiled as she now made her main request.

"Hey Ash," Seri asked meeting him at eye level.

"Yeah?" said Ash curious about what was Seri about to say again. 

"How would you like to study under me to understand Pokemon to prepare you for your future journey," said Seri shocking everyone there.

Immediately he was filled with shock and self-doubt about his abilities. Seri saw this and merely sighed as she placed Meltan in front of him.

"I would not doubt yourself that quickly Ash," said Seri catching Ash off guard. 

"You have a very kind and caring heart to be willing to protect anything. Even at the cost of your own life," said Seri with Meltan agreeing with it. 

"Not a lot of trainers and people, from new to experience would do that casually. You are unique with that kind of heart and passion," she continued patting Ash on the shoulder.

Meltan also did his bit, nuzzling and giving small hugs to the best of its ability. Ash's eyes started to tear up as he smiled and thanked the two. After the heartfelt moment, the professor then stood with one of her hands outstretched.

 "Well would you like to take a big step toward your dream of being a Pokemon Master?" asked Seri with a huge smile facing the young boy. 

"Yes!" said Ash with a toothy smile, shaking Seri's hand.