Chapter 3 (Edited)

To say that their life changed would be an understatement. His agreement to be mentored by Seri meant that the Ketchums had to move to the Seri's home region, Capri. The region is rich in its variety of Pokemon and landscape. But with little infrastructure and most biomes with inhabitants with their respected typing.

The largest infrastructure build would be the Battle Stadium a manmade island that was used for the Capri League. Most areas with infrastructure are the Gym Areas with Pokemon Centre and Pokemarts for trainers.

However, the biggest residence in the region is a place called Z town. Their reasoning for the name is that the establisher claims to have seen Zygarde there.

Delia purchased a small house near Seri's Laboratory, where Delia soon learned that Seri rarely takes in students. Making her proud to see her son be mentored by the female researcher. But the biggest shock was the improvement that Ash showed after studying under the professor.

The first change was that Meltan would officially be Ash's first Pokemon who both cheered for hours from the bond both showed after the announcement. And learning they would be together forever, further increased their deep bond. 

The second change was the passion Ash showed for improving his studies. Despite the huge hiccups at the start, the boy started to get some pacing when he understood some of the basics. This made him educated enough to make Professor Seri take in him for small expedition studies. 

The third was the personality change that both Delia and Professor Seri placed on the boy. Turning what would be an arrogant boy into a humble and smart young boy. Although the only thing that both women can't change is his reckless behaviour. Which was good but being selfless could also be dangerous.

(Some time ago)

A young Ash was brought to the region's biggest Cave system by Professor Seri to study Mega Stones that the Cave produced. While doing the Field Research they were met by a lot of unique Pokemon in the Cave from Sableyes to the rare Metagross.

After making some notes, Ash and Seri were met with an explosion sound. Which made the two rush to the sound of the area. They are met by an event that would blow the Pokemon community's knowledge of Pokemon off their feet. 

What they saw was nothing short of a mystery, witnessing a bunch of Pokemon that are unable to Mega Evolves taking turns to fight a Pokemon never seen before. It has a small body with similarities to a Victini but something was different from with usual predecessor.

Instead of the big 'V' its predecessor had, this one was a bit smaller. But what really caught both researchers' attention was the scarf wrapped around the Pokemon's neck. At first, they assumed, it was there cosmetically. However, they were quick to learn that it was used to slash at its opponents.

The most mind-boggling fact is that a scarf can change its properties. When it was not in battle it would be soft, showing it has self-healing properties. In contrast, when in combat it can be hard as steel when the scarf was swung at its opponents dealing massive damage. 

What really confused the two researchers was the massive battles. Both observed quietly for some time until a Flygon came and defeated the Pokemon. Which cause an uproar from the other Flygon in the area. This was incredibly confusing until they witnessed a miracle.

The 'Victini' slowly lifted itself and healed itself. For a while, the area was silent, until both ends of the Pokemon's scarf wrapped around each end. Slowly a concentration of energy started to form, as the energy got stronger and stronger by the second. Forming a small marble resembling a Mega Stone.

It approached the Flygon that won and handed it the Mega Stone. The Flygon then nodded and glowed which at first made all Pokemon cover their eyes. Then what the two researchers saw was mind-bending, a Mega Flygon was flying where the original Flygon use to be.

 Then what the two researchers saw was mind-bending, a Mega Flygon was flying where the original Flygon use to be

The 'Victini' then nodded its head giving a signal. All the other Pokemon that gathered then left leaving only itself.

The two researchers were about to leave but something caught Ash's eye. It was a bright silver marble, immediately Ash picked it up and placed it into his pocket. The professor then asked why he was taking so long. He ran quickly in pursuit, unaware that something was watching.

(Back at Z town)

Ash and Meltan were reading a book together about Mega Evolution, and what they did not notice was a small canine Pokemon watching them. But this was quickly dismissed when a Rotom decided to annoy the Emanation Pokemon. Zapping it and forcing the canine to approach Ash. 

Ash was quick to jump from the sudden touch, and Meltan noticing this tried to protect with violence. Following up, the professor came in to see what was the noise. Only be greeted by a Rotom flying rapidly around the room causing chaos.

(Present Time)

Riolu taught the boy fighting and aura usage during his time with him. This also made him, Ash's second Pokemon which everyone agreed to. Currently, Ash is resting with his Pokemon feeling the calm wind under the shades of a tree. It was a normal break for the three companions but it was not long-lasting.

After a while, Professor Seri seemingly materialized in front of them. The three were quickly shocked by this and jumped a bit. The professor found this quite amusing but got to her point.

"Hey, Ash you remember Kanto right?" 

"Yeah...but I wouldn't love to be reminiscent of it,"

"Welp here your lucky day, because I think there is a way."

It was the annual Pokemon Summer Camp in Kanto run by Professor Oak and Ash was invited there to have fun at the Summer Camp. Ash then ran to his house with Riolu and Meltan riding his shoulders. 

As he ran off, Professor Seri sighed and smiled seeing the severe Ash going from calm and mature to a child was quite entertaining. The professor proceeded to look up into the sky and smiled. 

"The next two weeks would be quite fun to watch huh?" said the female professor walking back into her laboratory.

(Editor's note: I'm editing these stories because the newest story is on a hiatus. Most of the group has gone on holiday, so it will take some time for more updates. To not leave you all hanging, I'll try my best to edit these older stories to at least cover some ground.)