Chapter 19

"Finally we are here!" said Maya in an excited tone running around with Serena and Ash smiling at the little girl's active personality. It was certainly a happy day as they finally reached their next destination the top of the Eberesuto Mountain, the highest in the Capri Region. 

As they were standing there Serena and Maya were playing with each other in the snow with their Pokemon also joining the fun. While they were doing that Ash felt a presence, "If somebody is there come out now" said Ash calmly not wanting to cause a ruckus. 

After Ash said that two differently sounding snicking were heard and two people came out behind everyone, creating a ruckus with Ash preparing an Aura Sword and Shield, Serena protecting Maya, and Maya hugging Zorua who was growling at the two figures. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa calm down that was a joke," said the two who were in sync. After they said that everyone calmed down a bit but still held an awareness. 

"I told you not to do that." said one of the figures who appear to be a tall slender girl with light blue and white hair. "I thought it would be funny," said the other who seems to be an older man with dark blue hair. "Are you two the Sinc Family?" said Ash reading their aura which the older man seems to pick up. 

"Yes it seems that you are from the Ketchum Family," said the old man giving Ash a little shock but then recovered now knowing the old man's ability. 

"Wait the Sinc Family, aren't they the Ice and Flying Type Gym Leaders," said Maya shocking everyone except the old man who had a grim face but no one noticed.

 "Well it seems that our identity is blown," said the two, they then introduced themselves, the tall and slender girl being named Verglas Sinc being the Ice Type Gym Leader and the old man being Hiko Sinc who is the Flying-type Gym Leader. After the introduction, the Sinc Family asked an important question, 

"I guess that you are here to challenge the Gym Challenge." "Yes, but I heard from Professor Seri that only the Rock and Ground Gym Leaders did double battles?" asked Ash in curiosity which the Sinc Family grinned and answered. 

"Well we normally do that but we received a note that there was a certain trainer one trying Gyms and winning them so we had to come up with our best," said the Sinc Family as they got in position with Hiko and Verglas preparing the battlefield with Kelly creating a heavy and strong wind and Verglas creating hail. 

"So are you ready to take the challenge?" the two only see a smiling Ash getting into position and having a serious face. 

Which made the Gym Leader smile as they know they were into a treat. Kelly and Verglas send out their aces with Hiko having an Articuno and Verglas having a Lapras. Making Ash worried mostly about Articuno as this was going to be a hard battle. Ash then decided his choices with him sending in Melmetal and Aron. 

( Ice and Flying-type Gym battle[ Hiko and Verglas Sinc]

As the Pokemon got ready Ash ordered Melmetal to use Thunderbolt and Aaron to use Iron Defence, while thinking of a plan to hit fast and hard due to the hail. 

Hiko ordered Articuno to use Agility dodging Thunderbolt and Verglas ordered Lapras to use Mist making Ash feel nervous as he felt a strong wave of aura and power from the two Gym Leaders. As all of that Melmetal and Aron were hit by hail but felt nothing much as they had experienced worst. 

After that Ash ordered Melmetal to use Thunder Wave hoping to weaken their Pokemon while Ash decided Aron to use Iron Defence again as he thought of his plan. 

Luck however was not on his side this time as Articuno dodges with its boost from Agility and Lapras using Protect from Verglas' command. Hiko then ordered Articuno to use Hurricane creating huge waves of wind that did massive damage to Melmetal as the Hurricane had some of the hails ice creating more damage.

 Ash was about to panic in his mind but defused it quickly remaining calm not wanting to create mistakes. Ash then smiled thankfully that the two Gym Leaders did not see through his plan and now he was about to unleash hell.

Ash then ordered Melmetal to use Double Iron Bash and Aron to use Take Down, as Melmetal started to spin Ash ordered Aron to get on one of Melmetal's fists and told it to hold firm. 

The two Gym Leaders were at first confused but were ready to take on what they were trying. As Melmetal released his attacks with one of his fists aiming at Articuno and the other at Lapras. 

The one aiming at Articuno connected despite its tries to dodge, the other on aiming at Lapras was blocked by Protect but as soon it hit Protect wore off and Aron who was on the arm used Take Down knocking Lapras with a lot of damage. 

Verglas was shocked at the combo but Hiko showed no emotion and faced down. During all this, Serena was holding her hands firmly nervous about Ash's battle while Maya watched with amazement and started to learn in her head about Pokemon battle strategies. 

After that combo of attacks, Melmetal and Aron received damage from the hail further weakening them. 

After the hail, Hiko then looked at Articuno and smiled, as if to make a command for Articuno. After that Hiko's and Articuno's movements started to be in sync creating a strong gust of wind that made Melmetal move a bit from his position. 

After the strong wind hail had stopped but Ash was now facing a problem there was Articuno but instead of being light blue with was with a tint of white a and long beard made of snowmaking the Freeze Pokemon look wise. 

Ash was now very worried as he is not very familiar with Soul Bonding and hoped he did not have to face having flashbacks to Vapri's trial. He then decided to at the very least target Lapras and get it out and then target the Soul Bonding Articuno and Hiko. 

Ash, however, was lucky this time as he ordered Aron to use Rock Slide knocking the Transport Pokemon out. 

Ash now had a bigger problem as he was now facing an imposing opponent and decided to go big or go broke. Ash then started to use his aura to communicate with Melmetal and after a while, it nodded, and the two started to move swiftly in sync, Melmetal started to have liquefied metal surround it and started dancing around it with a tint of red and white on the hex nut. 

As the Soul Bonding finished Hiko was shocked with Ash being able to use Soul Bonding but smiled as he was ready. Ash decided that Aron continue to use Iron defence but he and Melmetal were ready to face Hiko and Articuno. Melmetal used Double Iron Bash swinging it at Articuno who dodges it swiftly and retaliates with Blizzard hitting Melmetal making Ash look a little hit like Melmetal. 

Seeing this Serena was worried for Ash as she sees that he feels Melmetals damage. Ash was grabbing his chest but still told Melmetal to use  Thunder Wave hoping to paralyze Articuno. From using Blizzard and dodging Double Iron Bash Articuno was hit by Thunder Wave paralyzing it. 

Making Hiko feel a light shock and uncomfortable making Articuno fly lower. Ash then ordered Melmetal to use Thunderbolt and Aron to use Rock Slide. With Hiko being old and Articuno receiving a paralysis, the two moves connected with Kelly cutting the Soul Bonding and Articuno accepting its damage and fainting. 

(Battle End)

Right after the battle Ash and Melmetal Soul Bonding ended with Ash panting and kneeing down from the energy he used to fight making Serena and Maya help him get up and Lucario get out of its Pokemon to help Melmetal get up. 

When this was happening Verglas was helping up her grandfather who was chucking and smiling. After everyone rested up when Verglas and Hiko gave Ash his Gym badges Aron evolved into Lairon making everyone happy and excited especially Maya who was riding the Iron Armor Pokemon. 

After that Ash, Serena and Maya left for their next destination. When the travelling group left, Hiko returned to his gym and smiled thinking of the great battle with Ash but when he remembered Maya as she reminded him of someone.