Chapter 13

(The Capri Trial) [Opponent Vapri])

As Vapri signaled the start of the trial Ash immediately called Meltan to use Thunder Wave to try and paralyze their opponent but Vapri saw it and planted its scarf into the ground and neutralized the move but still took electricity and its speed now a little slower. Vapri then immediately used Shadow Ball and fired it towards Meltan with great speed. 

The move was so fast that Meltan and Ash were now concerned about what they were getting into. As Ash called Meltan to use Flash Cannon, Vapri immediately jumped up to dodge the attack responding to the duo with its own Flash Cannon which Meltan immediately dodges with relative ease. 

Ash immediately started to examine Vapri's movements trying to come up with a counter for the Regional Mythical. As Ash started to think Vapri started to use Swords Dance increasing its attack sharply which made Meltan and Ash worried about the Pokemon increasing its attack power. 

The battle went on for a while with Vapri dodging and counter-attacking and Meltan trying to land a hit on the Pokemon this went on for about a minute until Meltan was getting a bit tried which worried Ash as Vapri was not even breaking a sweat. 

'If this goes on we will lose this trial, think Ash think what would make Vapri's speed lower' Ash as he looks at Meltan and Vapri until he got an idea. 

Ash immediately called Meltan to use Thunder Wave but called it to hold it in and charge it confusing the Mythical Pokemon but it did not care as it saw how weak Meltan was already and activated Metal Claw ready to end the trial but it did not notice the small smile on Ash's face while it rushed for the final blow. 

As Vapri approached rapidly Ash finally called the attack launching a high voltage Thunder Wave catching Vapri off guard and taking full damage from the attack paralyzing Vapri and making it go to a full stop. 

Ash immediately saw the chance and called his attack, as Ash called the attack Meltan started to dance and many Meltans started to do a dance and Meltan evolved into Melmetal and used Double Iron Bash knocking Vapri out of the battle and completing the trial.

(End Trial)

'Well it seems that I underestimated you young prodigy and I think I will grant you the hidden ability of the Capri Region, Soul Bonding' said Vapri.  

"Thanks, I will use it properly but how do I use the ability?" asked Ash. 'It's quite simple but delicate, Soul Bonding requires both people and Pokemon to merge their desires into one creating a power never seen before basically putting each other's trust and hopes together to achieve the same goal.' said Vapri. 

Before Ash could respond Vapri was gone in a blink of an eye with two beautifully colored stoned being left behind where Vapri was. 

The first was a keystone and the second was a Lucarionite. As Ash was looking at the stones the egg that Feza gave back at Z town started to glow. 

As it was starting to hatch all of Ash's Pokemon came out to look at the newborn, the newest team member was an Aron sleeping peacefully in Ash's arms. While this was happening a certain person was on a plane flying to Capri for a special reason.

(Hi dead author here and I think the next chapters will start to have a longer pace as there will be more lore for the region of Capri and the continuation of the 23 challenges. For Team Rocket I think will now appear lesser as I think there are a smarter elite four dealing with the organization but for now, I think I will see you in the next chapter. and sorry for this short chapter for the long wait.)