4. Roseanne Park

I love you, family. Dad, because you are my biggest fan, and I'll never get tired of the way you smile when I pick up a guitar and play. Mom, for being my best friend and most trusted companion, even in times when you were my only friend. That was just fine. Alice, my big sister, for being so much more brave than I could ever hope to be. I love my friend. Talia, I love you because you are my best friend in the entire world. Can't wait to room together when we're 65 and wrinkly and living in Paris. I love everyone who helped put this album together. Park Chanyeol for believing in me and actually DOING something about it. I love Tim McGraw for making such inspiring music. I love you, Olivia Newton-John. If at any point in my life, I ever amount to being HALF as cool as you, I will throw myself a party. I LOVE RADIO because I haven't met one person I don't consider a friend. I love all of my myspace friends for taking such an active role in what I do, I will never forget how you all rallied for me from the beginning. I love everyone who's inspired me to write a song, whether you know it or not. I love anyone who has ever turned the volume up when my song comes on the radio, anyone who has bought this album. Anyone who can sing along to my songs when I play them live. Anyone who's ever requested my song on the radio, or even remembered my name. If you ever see me in public, I want to meet you. I will thank you myself. You have let me into your life, and I will never be able to thank you enough for that. I love YOU, and I love God for putting you in my life

Love love love 

-R-

-

"I put out my debut album later on that year. I think ... I didn't realise the impact that it would have. None of us did. But all came together so perfectly, that I think all of us were stunned by how well it did. To this day, I don't think we ever thought I'd end up where I am now."

"Is this where you want to be? I mean, you just wrapped up your reputation world tour and announced a new record deal with a different label since you signed that contract with PCY Records all those years ago. It must be a big change, but is it something you always planned on doing?"

Pressing her lips together in a thin line, Rosie slowly shook her head. Things had gone far from how she'd always planned it happening. In the beginning, she'd trusted Chanyeol, he'd believed in her and she'd been loyal to him, and they'd been great for a few years. And then it had all changed, and she'd realised that she was nothing more than a show pony. In the beginning, just after her self-titled album was released, he would introduce her to every one of note he knew. She felt like his most precious jewel, being shown off to all of his friends, all of the connections he knew, getting radio stations to air her music, small interviews with local newspapers in America and Melbourne. It wasn't until she was older that she realised that she wasn't a precious jewel, but a prize pig. Chanyeol was happy to show her off, watching her grow bigger with fame and her fortune, her name splashed across the headlines, sometimes on a near-daily basis, massive worldwide tours and notoriety, until she grew so big that she was nearly untouchable. Only then did she realise the threat of the slaughterhouse looming over her, the tight grip that Chanyeol had over her with her career tied to his label. He essentially owned her, for those six albums, at least.

Still, Rosie couldn't bring herself to regret signing that contract. There had been moments where it had ruined everything for her, left her broken-hearted, angry, an obedient client in the grip of the record label, but at the end of it all, without Chanyeol, without his label, she would've still been waiting for other people to believe in her. They hadn't been on good terms for years now, but Rosie found that she couldn't quite hate him completely. He'd taken a chance on her, and she'd let him groom her for the industry. He'd done what he thought was best for his business, and she'd had to swallow her thoughts on what was best for herself, stay quiet about the things she'd wanted that were out of reach for her, but now it was all within reach.