60. Call It What You Want

All my flowers grew back as thorns
Windows boarded up after the storm
He built a fire just to keep me warm
All the drama queens taking swings
All the jokers dressin' up as kings
They fade to nothing when I look at him

And I know I make the same mistakes every time
Bridges burn, I never learn, at least I did one thing right
I did one thing right
I'm laughing with my lover, making forts under covers
Trust him like a sister, yeah, you know I did one thing right
Starry eyes sparkin' up my darkest night

My baby's fit like a daydream
Walking with his head down
I'm the one he's walking to
So call it what you want, yeah, call it what you want to
My baby's fly like a jet stream

High above the whole scene
Loves me like I'm brand new
(Call it what you want, call it what you want, call it)
So call it what you want, yeah, call it what you want to

-

"Your wife," Nayeon echoed once more, her face slack with shock as Rosie pressed a hand against Jennie's lower back, brimming with excitement and nerves, yet standing taller than she had in a while. "You told me you weren't seeing anyone."

"Dating," Rosie laughed as she corrected her, "and I'm not. Clearly."

"Has she had you on the edge of the seat the whole time?" Jennie asked with a grin, leaning into Rosie.

"Absolutely!" Nayeon exclaimed, shaking her head. "I certainly didn't see this coming, at any rate. You could've led with that, you know."

With a crooked smile, Rosie shrugged as she tilted her head to the side, "I could've, but then the focus would've been on that the whole time. I figured the story should just be told from the start, with all of the silly mistakes I made along the way too."

Sighing with exasperation, Nayeon eyed them both silently and then shook her head, letting out a quiet laugh.

"I could kiss you right now, Rosie!" she triumphantly exclaimed, "you've just given me the story of the year!"

Reaching out, Nayeon took her face in her hands and gently squeezed Rosie's cheeks, looking overjoyed as she smiled wickedly. Letting go, she clapped her hands together and nodded.

"I'll give you ten minutes to catch up and then shall we continue?"

"Sounds perfect," Rosie smiled, feeling refreshed, reinvigorated for the rest of her story left to tell.

Having Jennie there had raised her mood considerably, bolstering her and wiping away and tiredness. Turning to face her, Rosie entwined their fingers, her brown eyes sparkling with happiness as the rings on her finger shone.

"Are you hungry?"

Groaning, Jennie tipped her head back, "yes! The food on the plane was awful."

"Come on, let's get you some catering. My mum's already eyeing you up too."

"I'd better go and say hello."

Giving Rosie's hand a squeeze, Jennie wound her way through equipment, everyone moving out of her path as they eyed her with furtive glances. Smiling to herself, Rosie moved to the kitchen, where the food was still spread out, and was joined by Doyeon, who started piling a plate with food alongside her.

"You're happy."

Casting her a quick smile, Rosie nodded, feeling giddy with excitement. "You knew?"