10. Everything Has Changed

'Cause all I know is we said, "Hello."
And your eyes look like coming home
All I know is a simple name
Everything has changed

All I know is you held the door
And you'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

Come back and tell me why
I'm feeling like I've missed you all this time, oh, oh, oh.
And meet me there tonight
And let me know that it's not all in my mind.

-

"So you still love her?"

Sighing, Rosie shifted in her seat as her expression darkened, a troubled look in her eyes as she struggled to find the words. "I think ... well, yes. Yes, of course. I'll just start with that. But it's more than that because I think we both knew it from that very first moment that it was something. We were on and off, in love and heartbroken, and we just- I think we knew that for each other, this was it. So yes, I still love her, and I know she still loves me, and it's not so much that we've ever stopped loving each other, but we've just been out of love. I think that's a very big difference. You can love someone but not be in love with them. In rough patches, we would lose a little of that love, but that's the thing about when you know; you know that you'll always come back. It's always inevitable."

"So is this a big romantic gesture to win her back?" Nayeon asked, a look of amusement in her eyes as she gave Rosie a look of thinly masked excitement. A tell-all interview was a big thing on its own, but a public declaration of love would garner even more attention, and Rosie almost laughed at the thought.

"No, no," she quietly chuckled, before letting out a faint sigh, "that ship has already sailed."

"So this is the end?"

Cocking her head to the side, Rosie pressed her lips into a flat line as her brow crumpled slightly, "in a sense, yes. But I'm getting ahead of myself again. We're only at the beginning."

-

The rest of the week passed by in a blur and Rosie spent most of her time lost in daydreams, thinking of Jennie and that kiss. All she could envision was Jennie's smile, the freckles dotted across her nose when she wasn't wearing makeup, and her brown eyes. She found herself washing the dishes and thinking about sitting in the darkness of the car, rain lashing the window and thunder rumbling in the distance as they spoke in hushed voices, the air charged between them. In the late hours of the night, when she couldn't sleep, she found herself pacing back and forth, wondering if Jennie had wrapped filming and had collapsed into an exhausted sleep. A few times, Jennie called and they'd quietly talk about their day, while Rosie made herself tea or scribbled lyrics in her journal, testing out soft melodies on her piano while she told Jennie about the song she'd been recording that day.

They didn't see each other again until Saturday morning. Rosie had been up for a couple of hours already, dressed in a loose cream shirt and a pleated skirt, watching the news as she mixed cake batter in a large bowl. She was making a Victoria sponge cake to pass the time, and staring out of the full-length windows, eyeing the grey sky of the cool day outside.

A golden sponge cake was cooling on a rack in the kitchen when a knock sounded on the door, and Rosie climbed to her feet and quickly rushed down the hallway, a hopeful look on her face as she fought back a smile. There weren't many people who had her address in Miami, and there was only one that she was hoping it would be. Pulling the door open, she couldn't fight back a smile any longer when she realised it was Jennie, and her body deflated slightly as she leant against the doorframe, a warm look on her face.