006; she won't wake up

( tw// hospital scene)

third person.

"do you want to get therapy back up again?" max asked, staring at his phone screen while him and mollie sat in the waiting room of the hospital. as he turned his head to look at her, he frowned while she stared at the floor, "diana-"

"you made a promise." mollie interrupted him, her voice shaky and quiet as her brother let out a sigh.

"she's still okay." max reassured her, placing his hand on top of hers, "the doctors have said they're working on it and she's fine, stop panicking."

"if she's fine why are we still sat in the waiting room?" she asked, not taking her eyes off the floor while she shrugged, "why are we sat here waiting for updates?"

"...we're just waiting for them to finish a few tests and then she can come home," max explained, "when we get home we can just finish christmas celebrations without corbyn and jack."

"well i don't want therapy again," mollie told him.

"not even a session once a month? it'll be like a check in session to make sure you're still okay." max suggested, mollie rolling her eyes as she turned away from him.

as they were sat in silence for a few seconds while max waited for his sister's reply, the doctor walked through to the waiting area and called for max's name, nodding his head towards the hall before both of them stood up and quickly made their way over.

"does julie have any immediate family? someone closer than her grandchildren?" the doctor asked, the pair glancing to each other as max shook his head.

"..we are all." he slowly said.

"okay," he sighed, guiding them down the hallway towards the room their grandmother was staying in, "we've tried to do all we can and helped her as much as possible but some things have grown too aggressive and there isn't much we can do to help at this stage."

"okay, well what does that mean for us?" max asked, being the only one out of the pair to speak as the doctor stopped outside her room and turned to face them both.

"...there's a very high chance that once she falls asleep.. she won't wake up." he said, watching them both immediately freeze as tears appeared in the girl's eyes, "it's best you use this visitation as a chance to say your goodbyes."

"okay, thank you." max choked out, nodding his head and placing his hand on mollie's back, guiding her into the room, "hi nana."

before the lady was able to utter a word, mollie had already taken off her jacket and threw her phone to the chair whilst climbing onto the bed beside julie and wrapping her arms around her, her head buried in the pillow next to where she was laying.

"how are you feeling?" he asked, walking over to the other side of the bed as a frown appeared on his face, "mollie maybe don't-"

"she's okay." julie quietly spoke, wrapping one arm around mollie before holding her other open for max.

with max agreeing, he moved closer to the two girls and wrapped his arms around his grandmother, listening to his sister try and be as quiet as possible with her sobs.

"i love you both so much," she mumbled, "i'm still here for you, i'm always looking after you."

"i love you." mollie replied, wiping her eyes as she looked to julie, "i love you so much."

the next fifteen minutes were spent with mostly two young adults crying in front of their grandma, max being the one who was trying to hold it back and keep his composure for the both of them whilst mollie never once stopped sobbing.