048; you're very empathetic

third person.

nicole, cara and mollie all stood in the airport the next morning with two of the girls due to board a flight in less than twenty minutes. with cara fully awake and a small smile stuck on her face wherever she went, the girl stood beside her was the complete opposite.

an oversized hoodie that she had stole from her boyfriends closet with her hair messily done up, mollie stood with her arms folded and dark circles appearing underneath her eyes, too in her own world to notice her best friend staring at her with an upset frown on her face.

"if you really don't want to go it's okay," cara told mollie, her eyebrows furrowed slightly while the girl shrugged, "i'm not going to force you to help me with college work."

"i want to go," mollie replied as cara gave her a nod.

"okay." cara smiled, "if you want to go home at any point then you are welcome to."

"if you need me just text me," nicole frowned, "or call me, or my dad. one of us will answer and be there."

"i'll be fine," mollie told them both, "i don't know why you're so worried."

"i can read past your lies," nicole mumbled, "you're not fooling me."

"sure," mollie sighed, looking behind her shoulder towards the gate as she took a step back from the two, "we should go board."

"i love you," she said, watching mollie look up at her and faintly frown, "have a safe flight."

"i love you too," the girl replied, quickly walking away from the group as cara turned towards nicole.

"i'll keep you updated." cara gave nicole a smile, backing herself away in attempt to catch up with mollie.

"please make sure she eats and sleeps," nicole told her, "and don't get any of your friends to smoke weed with her or so help you cara i-"

"relax," she held her hands up in defence, "keep her away from the drugs, easy."

"don't let her drive by herself," nicole continued to list her rules as cara tilted her head and sighed, "if max calls tell her to answer it, if diana calls tell her to answer it, decaf coffee only because her anxiety is so bad right now and-"

"nicole." cara interrupted her.

"what?"

"she'll be okay." she said.

"she won't." nicole mumbled, glancing behind cara's shoulder to where mollie was stood waiting for the girl.

"can she drink?" cara asked her as nicole gave her a blank stare, "...what?"

"just keep her safe and calm." nicole let out a huff, "don't leave her alone."

"she won't be alone, there's too many of us." cara shook her head as she laughed slightly which soon came to a stop once noticing the worried expression still on nicole's face, "i'll text you if anything happens."

nicole replied with a nod, giving her one last small smile before cara walked off to catch up with mollie, the pair finally boarding the plane to take a short flight to new york city.

and as they left the sight of nicole, fear suddenly kicked in for the girl as she walked back through the airport and towards her car, a bad gut feeling that she was desperately trying to brush off as her own anxiety.

"dawn's excited to see you," cara said as her and mollie boarded the plane, the two sitting down in their seats as cara smiled, attempting to life the girl's mood, "...if you ever need to talk i'm here, you know."

"i know." mollie nodded once.

"i know i can't understand how you feel but i can be someone who listens and tries to give advice."

"you can't really give advice to this situation." mollie told her as the girl went quiet, sinking into her seat slightly while she looked to the ground, "but thanks anyway."

"well.. are you excited to see dawn?"

"yeah," she raised her eyebrows and slowly nodded with cara looking at her not so convinced, giving her a smile anyway, "can't wait."

"i know how you feel about the whole long distance thing," cara said to try understand how mollie was feeling, "daniel being away on tour is horrible."

"but facetime calls always make it better," she continued, "don't they?"

"not really," mollie replied as cara sighed, "this is one of my favourite things about you."

"that i facetime people?"

"that you talk a lot." mollie said, "and you're very empathetic."

"..i'm just worried about you." she said through a small laugh as mollie looked at her while shaking her head, "and i'm weirded out that you complimented me when you don't do those."

"i wanted to let you know i appreciate you." she shrugged.

"i appreciate you, you're very talented." cara smiled, "and i can't wait for the fun week we're going to have."

––––

besson🤍text me when u land

besson🤍
text me when u land

besson🤍
i'll meet u in nyc at ur gate

lover🖤
ur an asshole

besson🤍
i needed some space
seen

besson🤍
ok i'll just see u when u land

lover🖤
yeah ur an idiot

lover🖤
i hope you're okay

a/n

so? 👀👀