018; almost too uneasy

third person.

"hi baby," corbyn said as his girlfriend answered his facetime call, the boy quickly walking down the halls of their apartment complex with mollie giving him a small smile.

"are you going back to the apartment?"

"mhm," he nodded while unlocking their apartment door, "where'd you say that gift was?"

"in my closet, behind my hoodies."

"so my hoodies?" he raised his eyebrows, looking back at the screen while he walked through to their room.

"shut up." she frowned, "our hoodies."

"okay," he smiled, resting his phone against the wall of their room before opening her closet and staring at the hoodies, "nothings going to jump out, is it?"

"no, there is nothing living behind my hoodies." she told him as he gave her a nod, pushing her hoodies to one side before completing freezing, "merry early christmas."

"are you kidding?" corbyn looked at her with his mouth dropped open slightly, "you're serious?"

"i knew you were saving up a few months ago so it's been there since october," mollie explained, watching him grab the guitar sat at the back of her closet, "thought you might need it after the other day."

"...how did you hide it from me for this long?" he asked, a small smile on his face as he stared at the instrument sat in front of him.

mollie replied with a shrug as her uplifting mood had suddenly faded, "i don't know, it just worked out."

the boy noticed her sudden mood change, giving her another soft smile as he let out a sigh, "well thank you baby, i love it."

"i knew you would."

"i'll make sure i don't break this one." corbyn told her with a small laugh, resting the guitar up against the wall before grabbing his phone again.

she remained quiet while staring at the screen, a small awkward silence between them before corbyn slowly nodded while sitting on the edge of their bed, glancing around the room before back at his phone.

"um, so." he spoke up, "i need to speak to you about something."

"okay."

"the guys and i are uh," he frowned, "...in the new year we're going on tour." he told her, looking at the phone while she laid there with her eyebrows furrowed.

"world tour?"

"eventually," he nodded, "right now it's just north america."

"oh." she said, "okay."

"okay?"

"i'm not- i don't have a say in this so.." mollie shrugged slightly, "that'll be weird."

"weird?" corbyn raised his eyebrows.

"cool but weird," she said, "i wont know where you are."

"i'll give you updates," corbyn replied with a smile, "i'll send you selfies when i reach the next city."

mollie gave him a small nod followed by a quick smile, fiddling with the necklace around her neck as it quickly turned back into a frown as she stared at her ceiling, "..what if i need you?"

"then.. i don't know." he mumbled, "i'm still trying to figure that out, i don't have to go if-"

"i want you to go," she shook her head, "don't waste an opportunity."

"i'm still here for you, i'm not going anywhere." corbyn reminded the girl as she nodded, "we'll get through this together, yeah?"

"mhm." mollie sighed, "yeah."

"...you can come when we go to europe." corbyn smiled, "i'll make sure of it, we can go look around london or edinburgh together."

"okay," she nodded, forcing a smile onto her face, "tour sounds fun, you should enjoy it."

"i'll get you tickets to the virginia show so you can come see it." he said, "sound good?"

"sounds great."

"cool." he smiled.

after another hour or so of talking to one another, mollie eventually ended the call as she went to go to her therapy session with diana, with corbyn's smile immediately dropping as he let his phone fall onto the bed right beside him.

and as he sat alone in their apartment, their room still messy from their last minute packing before the early christmas and various bottles of paint scattered across the floor, he took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair, feeling almost too uneasy to spend a night by himself.

grabbing his car keys and a jacket, the boy headed out of his apartment door while quickly locking in, making his way towards his car to spend the night with daniel once again.

––––
INSTAGRAM

11,828 people liked this post

wdwupdateroomog: (corbyn's story) a bit of collie content ☹️

view all comments

username: i am starved of content why are they being like this

username: the fact that he clarified she was ok makes me think she's not i'm lost

username: they always seem like they really struggle when they're apart and it hurts my heart so much

username: ugh i'm obsessed witn the love he has for her i'm gonna jump in front of a car i want this

username: mollie is so lucky
↳ username: right i'm jealous of her

username: wishing one day he tags her priv insta on accident so we can see her again 😁 missing her face

username: comfort bf stressed gf
↳ username: ok

username: ngl the entire friend group has been so festive this month and these two are the only ones who haven't mentioned christmas once?? what is their problem where is their festive spirit

username: this is the only couple i care about they are so full of love

username: such a soft couple 🥺
↳ username: OMFAOOO
↳ username: NO THEY ARENT BYE

a/n

thoughts? theories? idk?