022; i don't want help

third person.

"i thought we could try something different and do some art therapy today," diana said, placing a canvas on the table in front of mollie with various paint colours laid out, "paint what you feel as we're talking, i'm sure that'll help."

mollie sighed as she glanced up to her therapist, leaning forward in her chair while she grabbed a paintbrush.

it had already been a few days since the funeral, the first time mollie had left her room and spoke to someone other than nicole or max. corbyn had been left on delivered for days after his flight back to la, not having the chance to say goodbye to her the evening of the big event.

she had arrived to her session in the same outfit she was wearing the night of the funeral, a pair of oversized sweats matched with a long sleeve shirt and her hair thrown up into a bun, which was only hanging on loosely by a few small strands.

but as she watched diana paint on the canvas with zero hesitation, helping the girl become comfortable with doing it herself, mollie stared at her blank one having no inspiration or ideas spring to mind.

"i don't want help," mollie spoke up as diana paused, slowly lifting her head up from her canvas.

"...then why'd you come?"

"what?"

"why did you come here if you didn't want help?" she asked.

mollie replied with a shrug, "someone to talk to i don't- i don't know."

"the last time you told me you didn't want help, you had a plan to end your life." diana told her as mollie slowly nodded, "...is that on your mind?"

"i don't have to tell you that if i don't want to."

"you don't, you're right." she nodded.

"i don't want to be admitted anywhere," mollie shook her head, "i can't let max struggle on his own."

"okay." diana said, "then you don't have to tell me anything about that, is there anything else?"

"i feel like i've lost my goal," she admitted.

"in what way?"

"i just feel like i was on track with everything and i was doing great," mollie shrugged while the woman opposite her nodded, "but since nana died i don't.. i'm not really seeing any clear purpose."

"it's okay to feel like that, you lost someone very close to you." diana told her, "grieving is a long process."

"i can't just live life without her," mollie said, "i can't be happy without her that'll make me look like the worst granddaughter in the world."

"i know how that feels but there will come a day when you can do things without her and it'll feel a lot easier than how it is right now." diana explained, giving the girl a small smile while mollie stared at her with slightly narrowed eyes.

"that's so inconsiderate." she said, "i know you don't know who she is but to me she was like my mom, would you be able to live without your mom?"

"mollie that's not-"

"this is exactly why i don't want help, no one will understand why it hurts so much." she rolled her eyes, throwing on her hoodie as she stood up.

"she'd want you to be happy," diana said, "i'm here to help you through the grieving process of it."

"don't bother, you don't understand anyway." mollie shrugged, quickly storming out of the room as diana let out a sigh and slouched into her seat.