017; i'm not their therapist

third person.

forcing herself to be at her studio just before 8am that morning was not ideal for mollie. she had attempted to make herself look somewhat presentable to this group of kids that diana had someone convinced her into and was running on very little sleep.

she took her time to stroll through her studio before making it to the dance area of the building, slowly walking through the doors to reveal a room full of teenagers and diana standing in front of them, their heads all turning towards the girl while she put her bag down.

"mollie," diana let out a sigh of relief with a smile on her face, "okay everyone, this is mollie. she's one of my patients and i think you're in good hands with her. she'll be your dance teacher so if you have any questions, feel free to ask her."

with a tight-lipped smile, mollie walked herself over to where diana was stood before looking up at the group, hoping one of them would speak up before she did.

but with awkward silence filling the air and diana walking to the side of the room, it became a matter of mollie needing to be the one to guide the conversation, noticing the amount of anxiety of each girl.

"okay," mollie slowly nodded, "okay uh, let's get to know everyone before we do any dancing. let's all stand in a circle and we can say our name and anything else you want to say."

the group nodded with hesitation, doing as told as a relatively small circle was formed with each girl still in silence, closed body language across the room.

"i'll start," she placed her hand on her chest, "i'm mollie, i've been dancing for about fifteen years and i really like to paint. who's next?"

"i'll go," a girl raised her hand across the circle from mollie, "i'm ruby and i have a really cute pet hamster called fudge."

going round the circle at random, each girl had a chance to introduce themselves to the others and everyone's anxiety had eased a significant amount than how they were when they walked into the room.

to the woman stood at the side of the room watching this interaction, it was clear that mollie was trying to engage with them all and was interested in knowing each of her students, nodding and slightly smiling to each individual.

and as they reached the last one of the group, they all turned towards her with a warm smile, waiting for her to find the words to say.

"okay, hi." she hesitantly spoke up as she fiddled with the ring on her finger, "uh, i'm charlotte and i don't really have anything interesting to say.."

"do you have any siblings or maybe hobbies?" mollie asked her, watching charlotte immediately smile slightly as she shrugged.

"i have an older brother called caleb, he takes care of me a lot." she said, mollie slowly nodding while she stared at the girl with her smile falling, "he makes the best pasta, that's my favourite food."

"great," mollie gave her a final nod, taking a quick deep breath before moving on with the class, "now that everyone knows everyone hopefully it'll be easier to talk and interact so.. how many of think we can dance quite well or we've done some dancing before?"

a handful of hands were raised as mollie asked her question, nodding in response with a small smile on her face, "okay, cool a few of you. today we'll use this hour to learn a few basics and some tips i've picked up and we'll go from there, all good?"

after receiving approval nods from everyone, the group soon began with their session and were better than expected in following instructions from their teacher.

throughout the hour anxiety eased and everyone was beginning to create friendships with other girls in the room similar ages to them, learning about the interests they have in common while also beginning to get into the basics of dance.

diana's eyes were mainly fixed on the teacher, nervous about how she'd speak to the children or interact with them, yet a smile was stuck on her face upon seeing mollie be patient and understanding with the ones completely new to the hobby.

when the session finished and each child was picked up by their main carer and taken home, mollie's forced smile to the children dropped and she turned towards her bag.

"and you're telling me you can't work with kids," diana raised her eyebrows, watching the girl pack away her things as she rolled her eyes, "mollie they all left the session feeling so confident about themselves, you know how to make people feel more comfortable."

"they just eased into it." mollie argued.

"they eased into it because of how you were making things flow," she explained, "that was impressive."

"they aren't even kids."

"the youngest is eight." diana told her as mollie paused, "the oldest is twelve."

"you said the youngest was twelve in our therapy last week." mollie looked at her.

"i mixed it up on accident," she shrugged, "charlotte is only eight, are you going to be back for the second session?"

with a sigh mollie stopped what she was doing as she turned to face her therapist, a forced smile on her face and her head tilted followed by a shrug.

"fine," she said, "i'll be back for the second session."

"you know you're going to make a big difference on these kids, don't you?" diana smiled, following her to the doors of the studio as mollie shrugged.

"i'm barely teaching them to dance diana," mollie glanced behind her shoulder, "i'm not their therapist, nor do i want to be."

"...okay," she nodded, "don't forget our therapy tomorrow afternoon."

"i won't"

a/n

ok with the basic knowledge of her dance class how are we feeling about it