094; get on your knees

third person. 

mollie had spent an entire day with cara by the time she arrived back at her apartment, and another twenty minutes spent in her bathroom attempting to get ready for bed while corbyn leant against the counter beside her and rambled on about his day, the time had just hit a few minutes past two that morning before she eventually yawned a little.

"...wow if i was boring you then you should've just said." he shook his head and folded his arms.

"you're not boring." she said through a small laugh, tying her hair back as corbyn turned back to her.

"leave your hair down."

"no."

"why?"

"i want it out of my face."

"i can do that for you." he frowned, "get on your knees and i'll hold it back."

"...you're so funny." she smiled at him, switching off the bathroom light as they both walked over to their bed.

"i try." corbyn shrugged, falling onto the bed as mollie climbed underneath the covers, watching him grab his phone and scroll through twitter.

and while they spent the next few moments in silence, corbyn's free hand held onto mollie's thigh while caressing it with his thumb, glancing up to her as a confused look immediately appeared on his face.

"you okay?" corbyn asked as he watched his girlfriend sit and stare into the empty space in front of them, tilting his head at her as she remained zoned out, "mollie?"

"mol," he said, shaking her leg slightly as she turned to look at him before glancing down to her leg, "are you okay?"

"i was just thinking." she shrugged.

"about what?" corbyn softly spoke, placing his phone down as his girlfriend let out a sigh.

"it's just a little weird," mollie shook her head, "it's a weird feeling like... i want to wake up tomorrow."

"...what do you mean?" corbyn frowned.

"i want to wake up." she said, "and take on the day and do things, i'm not used to that."

corbyn nodded at her with a smile on his face, watching her lay back down and turn onto her side to face him, "it's a little sad though, isn't it?"

"it's progress." corbyn corrected her.

"yeah but it's sad that i even said that."

"a lot of things are going to feel weird." he shook his head, "it's a weird feeling but don't you think it's a good one?"

"...it's a nice feeling." she raised her eyebrows, "i'm not dreading another day, i'm looking forward to it but... i don't know."

"small steps." he reassured her as she smiled slightly at him while nodding.

"very small steps."

"i went to the studio today." corbyn said as she looked at him, "jack decided to bring rory and i was asked if i wanted to hold her."