058; i've let you down

third person.

it was nearing midnight in virginia and mollie was sat wide awake in her bed, fiddling with her rings and staring down at her phone whilst nervously biting her lip.

after a goodnight message exchanged between her and her boyfriend five hours prior, the girl had been worried since due to how off corbyn seemed to be in their text messages, and the small gut feeling in her stomach wasn't helping her nerves.

within the past few days she had noticed his slight mood change, the boy being able to tolerate much less than usual and becoming emotional over the smallest things. she was unsure what had caused it, but no less it upset her to see someone she loved so confused with himself.

mollie dragged herself out of bed, throwing on a few layers and putting on her shoes before heading down the stairs and towards the door, a mission to walk to corbyn's house to ensure he was okay.

"where are you going?" max spoke up, making his sister jump as she turned to the kitchen counter, the guy sat under a dim light with his laptop in front of him.

"...corbyn's." mollie replied, her arms falling to her side as max raised his eyebrows.

"is he outside?" he asked.

"yes," mollie lied with a nod, opening the front door despite it pouring down with rain.

"okay," max shrugged, "have fun."

"mhm," she sighed, quickly walking out of the house and closing the door behind her, pulling the hood of her coat over her head as she began her fast walk towards her boyfriends house.

trying her best to walk as fast as possible through the rain to the besson household, the girl kept her phone tight in her hand with her arms wrapped around herself, trying to keep herself warm in the bad weather.

and walking up the driveway towards the house, she grabbed the spare key from underneath one of their plant pots and unlocked the front door, walking in and hiding herself from the rain before immediately catching eyes with the boy on the couch.

his eyes were squinted, clearly having only just woken up from his sleep to the sound of her coming in as a heavily confused expression was painted on his face, his hair fallen onto his face while he yawned.

"how did you get here?" corbyn spoke up with a slightly raspy tone, watching her walk over to the couch as she pulled her hood down.

"i walked." she shrugged.

"it's midnight." he raised his eyebrows, "anything could've happened to you."

"i needed to make sure you're okay, i had a bad feeling." mollie shook her head, "you've been acting different recently."

"i'm just a little stressed out," corbyn argued, rubbing his eyes as he stood up from the couch, "it's nothing to worry about."

"it is something to worry about because you're not yourself, i-"

"you've got yourself to worry about." he interrupted her as she frowned, watching him walk over to the kitchen.

"can you stop invalidating how you feel?" mollie furrowed her eyebrows and walked over to where he was, "are you okay?"

"i'm fine." corbyn mumbled, turning himself away from her as she let out a sigh, "i'm tired, that's all."