098; she wants you by her side

third person.

corbyn had been laying on his side for the past hour while tracing doodles on his girlfriends arm, watching her peaceful sleep beside him despite telling him less than a few hours ago she was not tired.

picasso had curled up by mollie's side and an arm was wrapped around him, keeping him warm and secure while corbyn watched the two of them sleep and let out subtle snores every so often.

yet his peaceful moment was soon broken by a few soft knocks on their front door, his eyebrows furrowing slightly as he glanced to the clock to check the time.

as he got out of bed and stumbled over to the front door, he unlocked it and opened it slightly before facing nicole, mascara subtle smudged just under her eyes while she looked up at him from the floor.

"is mollie in?" she asked with a slight mumble.

"mollie's asleep." corbyn said, a frown on his face as he held the door open anyway, allowing nicole to walk through the door and sit herself down at their table, "...do you want a drink?"

"no." nicole mumbled, putting her head in her hands as corbyn shut the door and turned to face her.

"are you okay?"

"jack is an asshole."

"oh." corbyn paused, "where is rory?"

"with him and his mom." she replied, "and i needed a break so i came here to see mollie but if she's asleep i can go, it's no-"

"let me get you some water," corbyn interrupted her as she looked over at him confused, watching him grab a glass of iced water, "have you eaten?"

"corbyn i can go if-"

"you're upset and bothered," he placed the glass in front of her, "i'm just doing what mollie would do. have you eaten?"

"yes," she nodded, "we went out for dinner."

"okay." he replied, pulling the chair out from the adjacent side of the table and sitting himself down, resting his chin in his hand while glancing around, "what happened?"

"...he seems to think he can still go out and have fun every single weekend because i'll be at home with rory." nicole explained with a shrug, "and he'll go out and have a few drinks and then expect me to pick him up. it's like being a mom of two because i'm mothering him as well as our daughter."

"so you confronted him?"

"well, yeah i bought it up and asked if he could reduce the amount of weekends he goes out." she nodded, "i wasn't saying to stop completely but it would be nice if for most weekends he was home helping me."

"yeah," corbyn nodded, "i get that."

"..you agree?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"it's not fair that he's expecting you to be the main parent when you're both in it together." corbyn shrugged, "maybe he goes out one weekend a month and then you also get the chance to go out one weekend a month, then it's fair."

"his mom said i'm supposed to let him do that because i'm the mom so the baby will prefer me," nicole looked at him as he shook his head, "but i don't want that, i want rory to love both of us. that's like having a dad who only cares about partying."

"anyway so then he said that he would stop going out as much if it upset me and he'll put in more effort," nicole continued as corbyn replied with a nod, "but i snapped after his mom complained about some mess left in the kitchen because i cooked them dinner."

"..so jack isn't the asshole here?" corbyn asked.

"well, why does he let his mom talk to me like that? i have a newborn that i care about more than a few dirty dishes in the kitchen." nicole complained as corbyn nodded, "jack cleaned them up for me but it's not fair that she's speaking to me like that."