061; to my little mollie

third person.

"i'm not going to act like i know what happened," max said as he walked into mollie's bedroom, the girl curled up under her covers while he made his way to her bed, "but i have something to give you."

"i don't want anything to eat i already-"

"the letter from nana," max interrupted her, placing the envelope beside where her head was laying before he placed a second on top of it, "letter from dad."

"from dad?" mollie furrowed her eyebrows and turned to her brother, who gave her a small nod.

"i found it at nana's place when we went the other day," he shrugged.

"did you get one?"

"no, i'm not as big of a fan of letters, he knew that." he shook his head, "but i think you should read both."

she stayed silent for a few moments, faced away from her brother while she stared at the envelopes he placed in front of her, sitting himself down at her desk while staring at her many pieces of unfinished artwork.

he knew she wouldn't talk about the situation if he was pestering her, and so he sat himself down to be in the room as a little support, waiting on her to decide when she wanted to open up and ask for some advice.

and once she let out a small sigh, she picked up one of the envelopes and opened it up before stopping herself from continuing, glancing over her shoulder at her brother, the boy still looking at her paintings.

"nicole and i fell out," mollie admitted as max came to a pause, slowly turning to look at her in a slight confusion.

"you and nicole?" max frowned, "over what?"

"she told corbyn he should break up with me." mollie explained with max staying quiet, staring at the girl in disbelief while slowly shaking his head, "and that he's toxic for me."

"what made her say that?" max asked as mollie went quiet, turning back away from him, "i'm going to assume that answer requires you to say something you don't want to tell me."

"are you going to hate me?"

"i could never hate you."

"i started smoking weed again." she admitted to him while he sighed, scratching the back of his neck before glancing around the room.

"okay." max shrugged it off as she looked at him.

"okay?"

"you're going to do it whether i agree or disagree with it," he replied, "if it helps then okay. why'd nic freak out about that?"

"i don't know she's just funny about it." she rolled her eyes before there was a small crack in her voice, "it's so pathetic."

watching tears appear in his sisters eyes as she sat herself up and placed her hands over them, a frown grew on max's face while listening to her try hold back her tears.

"can i have a hug?" she asked him.

"yeah." max quickly nodded, getting up from her desk and walking over to where her bed was, sitting himself on the edge of it as his arms went around her and she pulled her head to his chest.

and while he sat there for a few minutes in silence, placing a single kiss on her head while caressing her shoulder,  a frown remained on his face while mollie continued to sob, a sense of guilty from being less involved in her life recently and unaware of the stress that had building up.

astrid had soon joined the pair in the girl's bedroom, sitting herself at the other end of the bed while she stared at the two of them, a tight-lipped smile on her face before sighing.