• 9 •

With the pain in her head slowly increasing, she groans lightly before sitting up straight on the bed. Looking around the room, she glances down at the boy who was asleep with his head on the bed while he held onto her hand. "Mark..." She mumbles softly, lightly rubbing her thumb against his fingers.

Tightening his grip around her wrist, he looks up sleepily to face the girl smiling at him. "YOU WOKE UP!" He screams, with the chair scraping against the floor as he stood up instantly. "Are you alright? Does it hurt any-" "where am I?" Jiyeon cuts him off. "And... How long was I asleep for?" She asks.

"A couple of hours" Mark replies. "W-wait what happened earlier, and how did you know?" She asks, lightly squeezing onto Mark's hand. "I'll tell you everything later alright? Be patient for a while. Wait here till I get Kun" he says, slowly letting go of Jiyeon's hand while rushing to and out of the door.

"Hey" looking away from her hands, Jiyeon lightly smiles at the boy that came upto her with one of the brightest smiles on. "Mark told me to wait here with you till he comes back" he says. "Are you his friend?" She asks. "Yep! I'm Chenle" he smiles. "And you're Jiyeon right?" He asks, earning a nod from the girl. "I've heard alot about you from Mark and Lucas" he chuckles.

"Really?" She asks. "Yeah, you look just like what they described you as too" he smiles, making her chuckle softly. "Does it hurt there?... Alot?" He asks, pointing at his neck, making Jiyeon lightly touch the bandage wrapped above her cut. "For now a little" she says. "Oh it'll get better, Kun knows how to do things well" he mumbles, grabbing a glass of water from the table and handing it over to the girl. "Thank you" she replies.

"Who's Kun?" She asks, after Chenle took back the empty glass from her hand. "Oh right, you didn't see him yet. He'll be here soon. When we are on missions he just tends to our wounds and all that, basically like a doctor" Chenle replies, making Jiyeon slowly nod in reply.

"Wait... Missions?" She asks, confused. "You don't know?" Chenle asks, lightly widening his eyes. "Know what?" She asks again. "I said too much...my bad" he chuckles nervously. "That's not my thing to tell you, you'll have to ask Mark and Lucas" he adds. "Oh..." She mumbles.

"Be quiet" "I wanna be friends with her too!" "No." "That's not fair" "if Taeyong sees all of y'all here, y'all are dead" "I'm not scared of Taeyong" "yeah exactly" "y'all aren't scared of me?" "OH SHIT!!! YOU SCARED ME" "I WAS JOKING" "WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" "MAAARKK!!" shaking his head, Chenle glances at Jiyeon that looked towards the door, flinching when loud screaming was heard from outside.

"Are your friends killing each other?" She asks, looking at Chenle with wide eyes. "They're just playing around. It's like this everyday" he chuckles. "I'm pretty sure you're the same although you act done with them" she chuckles, making Chenle purse his lips together while looking away.

"Oh right who's Taey-" "I got Kun!" Jiyeon stops talking, turning around to face Mark and another boy that stood right beside him with a smile. "That's Kun" Chenle says, pointing at the boy that lightly waved. "hi Jiyeon!" He exclaims. "Hey!" she smiles lightly.

"Are all your friends good looking?" Jiyeon whispers into Lucas's ear, after he had come to sit down beside her. Scoffing, he playfully rolls his eyes. "Alright Jiyeon you're good to go! Make sure to rest well and don't do too much work for a few days. The cut isn't too deep so it won't take too long to heal" Kun says, gaining Jiyeon's attention.

"Come on... I'll drop you three off" Turning to her side, the few in the room glance at the boy that twirled a key around his finger while leaning against the door. "Oh you must be Jiyeon. Nice to meet you, I'm Jae-" "Shut up" Mark sighs. "Let. Me. Finish" the boy glares at Mark. "I'm Jaemin" he smiles, making his ways towards Jiyeon and stretching his hand forward.

"Hi Jaemin!" She smiles, shaking her hand with the boy. Chuckling, Jiyeon looks at the older boy who had introduced himself as Johnny a while back that snatched the keys away from Jaemin's grasp. "You're too young to drive. These are my keys. And I'm pretty sure you don't even know how to start a car" he rolls his eyes.

"Of course I can drive. You want me to show you?" He asks. "Don't even think about it" Johnny mumbles. "Let's go?" He asks, with Lucas and Mark glancing at each other before nodding and turning towards Jiyeon. "Come on" Lucas helps her off the bed. "Bye Ji!!" "You don't get to call her that!" "She's our friend too okay!!" Chenle and Jaemin argue with Mark. Shaking her head she waves back at the two that did the same.

"What even happened?" She mumbles, glancing at Mark and Lucas that were speaking to Johnny in front of the door. Sighing, she drags herself upto her bedroom, walking directly upto the mirror in her bathroom. Looking at the reflection of herself on the mirror, Jiyeon gently runs a finger over the neatly plastered bandage.

"Ji..." Stepping back, she walks out of the bathroom to see her two friends standing by the door with an unreadable expression. "I get that you can keep secrets from me but why was I almost killed?" She asks, voice soft while the two boys looked down. "Did I do anything?" She mumbles, switching her gaze from Mark to Lucas.