• 46 •

Closing the door behind him, Taeyong takes slow steps towards Jiyeon that peacefully laid on the bed. He didn't notice Jeno that raised his head from the bed to look up at him, carefully letting go of Jiyeon's hand while standing up. "I'll be outside" he mumbles. "Huh?" Taeyong looks at him. "Oh yeah sure" he replies. 

Taeyong watches as the younger one walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. It had been hours since everyone got to know about Jiyeon being in a coma. The others already took turns to visit her and after what felt like ages, Taeyong walked in, making sure her brother was nowhere to be seen. The least he wanted right now was a huge argument happening.

He turns back around, his eyes travelling upto Jiyeon. Pulling the stool that Jeno was previously sat in closer to the bed, Taeyong sits on it, slowly taking one of Jiyeon's hands into both of his. "Kun said that you might be able to hear what we say" he gulps. "I really hope you're hearing this" he mumbles.

He rubs his thumb in circles against the back of her palm. "I'm... Sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry you had to go through all this pain because of me. I'm sorry for everything" he kisses the back of her palm. "I love you, Jiyeon. And I'm going to stay right beside you all the time" he adds. "I'm way too late to say that I love you" he chuckles softly. " But I do. I really do. And you can't imagine how much I love you" he smiles, looking up at her.

His gaze travels down to her arms that were covered in bandages and already healed wounds and then back up to her face which had more bruises. "I'm sorry" he kisses the back of her palm once again. Leaning back, he adjusts the covers over her body, still holding onto her hand with one of his. Silence took over the room.

He rests his head down on the space beside her, turning to face her, rubbing circles with his thumb on the back of her palm. "All that time without you was torture" he mumbles. "And I don't want you to go through any of that again" he closes his eyes. "You can choose to leave for a better life away from me if you want" he mumbles. "But till then I'm going to be right beside you" he lets out a sigh, letting sleep take over him, not noticing the single tear that slipped down Jiyeon's eye.

Sleepily pushing away the finger that constantly kept poking his shoulder, Taeyong nuzzles his face onto the sheets. "get away" he mumbles. "You're going to hurt your spine if you sleep that way" Taeyong's eyes shoot open at the voice. He raises his head up, turning to his side when he makes eye contact with Jongin that crossed his arms in front of him. Startled, he falls off the stool while still looking up at the boy.

"Let's talk" Jongin holds his hand out, helping Taeyong up onto his feet. "Outside" he points at the the door when Taeyong nods, following him out of the room. Stopping just out of the door, Jongin turns to look at Taeyong. "I'm sorry about the baby..." He says. Taeyong's heart twists at Jongin's words. 'of course it wasn't just a nightmare' he thinks to himself. Taeyong nods, not knowing what to say to the other.

It was quiet for a moment before Jongin spoke again. "I shouldn't have reacted like I did. It was all way harder on you that it was on me. But I'm still disappointed Taeyong, she may be mature but she's still very young. And even though you both would've liked having a child it's a lot of responsibility" he says. Taeyong nods again. "I know. I didn't expect things to happen like this. I'm sorry" he replies, his head hung low.

"Stay by her side" Jongin says, giving a little squeeze to the others shoulder. Taeyong looks up, making eye contact with Jongin before nodding. "I'm going with a few others to clear up stuff there" he adds with Taeyong nodding once more. "Take a few of my teammates too" he says. "Alright" Jongin replies. He turns to walk away when he catches a glimpse of the girl that rushed out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Turning back to face Taeyong that was stood in the same place he sighs.