• 48 •

January 7th. Taeyong sighed as he looked at the date on his phone. He makes himself comfortable on the couch while turning to look at Jiyeon. "Remember that huge meeting I told you about a while back? Well that's tomorrow " he mumbles. He sighs again, letting his head fall back against the back of the couch.

"You look nervous" Taeyong looked at Jongin that was seated in front of him. "I am maybe a little bit" he replies, earning a nod from Jongin. "Well... Don't be. You've never been nervous before and it's not like you're new to this" he says. "you're right" Taeyong replies. "But I don't even know why I'm like this" he mumbles.

"Do you want to not go tomorrow?" Jongin asks and Taeyong shakes his head declining. "It's not going to be a big deal. I can handle it" Taeyong shrugs. Jongin nods again, glancing at Jiyeon for a moment, making his heart jump in his chest. "Jiyeon!!" He exclaims, pushing himself off the couch and running towards her side. Taeyong leans forward in an instant, his gaze wondering over to Jiyeon with wide eyes.

He jumped off the couch, making it move back a few inches by the force before sprinting in the same direction, pushing Jongin away so that he was now standing where her brother was. "Jiyeon!" He gasps, gently grabbing her hand. "Get away!!" Jongin pushes him to a side. "No. You get away!!" Taeyong replies, repeating his actions. The two freeze, going completely silent as Jiyeon slowly opens her eyes.

She adjusts to the light in the room, her gaze landing on Jongin before it slowly shifted to Taeyong. "Where's Jeno?" She panicked, trying to sit up when Taeyong carefully made her lay back down. "don't get up yet. And don't worry, he's up in his room and he's fine" he assures. Jiyeon looks around the room, quickly realising where she was. "What happened?" She looks at the two.

"You got shot, Jiyeon" Jongin says. "oh..." She replies. She takes off her ventilator, Her gaze shifting to Taeyong once again. It was quiet for a moment before she spoke again. "Can you give me a hug, please" she attempts to sit up again when Taeyong steps closer. He leaned down, kissing her forehead before gently wrapping his arms around her while Jiyeon did the same.

"You're awake now" he nuzzles his head into the crook of her neck. "I'll go tell the others" Jongin says before rushing out of the room. "Jiyeon, you're awake!!" Taeyong lightly tightens his grip around her. She manages a soft smile as she wrapped her own arms around Taeyong's body. After a while Taeyong leans back, looking at her eyes, while he brought his hands to cup her cheeks.

"You're finally awake" he takes in a deep breath. "Taeyong..." Jiyeon mumbles, slowly taking his hand into hers. "Thank you for keeping me company" she says. "it was suffocating" Taeyong's expression softens at her words. "I'm sorry you had to go through so much" he says, assuringly sliding his thumb across her cheek.

Using Taeyong's help she sits up on the bed, immediately pulling him into another hug. "I love you much more" she mumbles, resting her head against his chest, feeling his body lightly shake as he chuckled. "you were listening to everything I was saying?" He asks, glancing down at her.

"Of course. I tried to reply too" she pauses, looking up at him. "but no one could hear me, I guess" she sighs. Taeyong smiles. "it's alright. I heard you now" he assures. Jiyeon cuddled closer to his side, smiling brightly. "I love you" he rests his chin on her head.

It was like the two had no other care in the world when they didn't hear the loud stomping that was heard into the room from down the hallway. Within seconds Taeyong found himself on the floor while he stared at the whole group that surrounded Jiyeon in disbelief. "Mannerless species" he scoffs, rolling his eyes.

He glances at the hand in front of him before his gaze traveled up to Doyoung. He nods at Taeyong to grab his hand. Just like that, Taeyong grabbed his hand as support to stand up. He looked over at Jiyeon that looked back at him before her gaze switched to Doyoung, a soft smile on her face.

All hell broke loose when her brothers' friends rushed into the room with him following slowly behind. The room that was quiet for the past six months was filled with screaming. Taeyong smiled, feeling completed as he watched Jiyeon chuckle along with the others.

After what felt like hours the room was left for just Taeyong and Jiyeon. He sits down on the side of her bed, adjusting the covers over her. "Do you want anything?" He asks to which she shakes her head in response. "You should rest, you have a meeting tomorrow" she says. Taeyong sighs with a nod. "I will" he assures. Jiyeon moves towards the edge of the bed, patting the space beside her. He lays down, turning to face her while wrapping his arm around her.

"Are you comfortable enough?" He asks. "Yep! Very. Are you? Do you have enough space?" She inches further to the corner when Taeyong pulls her back. "I have enough space" he replies. He let out another sigh, sinking into the comforts of the bed while cuddling closer. "I can sleep properly now" he mumbles. Jiyeon smiles, nuzzling closer to the warmth of his body.

Jiyeon's gaze traveled from Doyoung's back to the name on the stone in front of her. "Lyra" she reads. Startled, Doyoung turns to look at her. She smiles. "a star" she adds. "you never told me her name" she says, her gaze travelling to Doyoung. He chuckles nervously. "I was too out of it that I forgot to say her name" he says. "im impressed though" he wraps his arms over his chest. "Why so?" Jiyeon tilts her head. "You know what her name means. She's definitely impressed too" he says.

She looks down at her shoes. "I came across that name while I was looking some up for if I was having a daughter" she says. Doyoung gulped, not knowing how to reply. "I-I'm sorry" he says. She shakes her head, looking back at him before switching her gaze to the stone. "Doyoung told me about you, Lyra" she smiles, taking a few steps forward so that she was standing right beside him. She bends down, placing the bouquet of flowers in her hand next to the one that was already on the stone.

"I'm hoping we can be great friends" she paused for a moment. "I'm going to be coming to you whenever I'm sad from now" Doyoung glances at Jiyeon, smiling softly. "introduce yourself" he says. "Oh right! Where are my manners!" She chuckles.

"I'm Jiyeon. Taeyong's girlfriend" her smile grew wider. "He finally asked you out I see" Doyoung bumps his shoulder against hers. She looks up at him, nodding with a soft chuckle. She reads Lyra's date of birth that was engraved on the stone, letting out a gasp. "April 4th is today" she looks at Doyoung that smiled. "you should've told me it was her birthday" she hits him on the shoulder. "I didn't know you were following me around and came here, stupid" Doyoung replies.

"Okay yeah true, but you still should've told me!!" She exclaims. She turns to look at the stone again, a look of apology written on her face. "I'm so sorry" she says. "But, happy birthday Lyra!!!" She smiles once again. "I'll leave you both alone now" she looks at Doyoung that nodded. "are you going back home?" He asks. "not yet. I'll just be around for a while" she replies, pointing behind her. "Alright. Be careful" he says and she nods with a smile.

"Mom, dad" she says, stopping in front of the two gravestones. "it's been ages since I visited, hasn't it?" She chuckles, crouching down in between the two. "How have you both been? I met Jongin after years and well we both are doing great" she smiles. "Your kids are perfectly fine, so you don't have to worry about a thing!!"

She spent a while there until she caught a glimpse of the boy walking towards her. "Doyoung?" She asks. "Let's go home together once you're done" he says. "How did you know I was here?" She asks. "Oh. I came here a few times with Mark and Lucas actually. So I figured you'd be here" he smiles. "Oh!" She replies. "Are you going home now?" Doyoung nods. "when you're done though. I'll drive you home" he says. "Oh let's go then, I'm done" Jiyeon smiles.