• 31 •

Jiyeon stood against the wall impatiently, waiting for the moment when Taeil or Kun would walk out of the door. "Why is it taking so long?" She mumbles. "Jiyeon why don't you go rest. I'll call you when one of them come out" Jungwoo places a hand on the girls shoulder. "No it's alright. I can wait" she replies.

Minutes that felt like eternity for Jiyeon passed by when Taeil walked out the door. "how's everything inside?" She hears Jungwoo speak, making her head shoot up in Taeil's direction. "Is he alright?!" She rushes up to his side, making his gaze land on the girl that looked back at him with glossy eyes.

"He wouldn't have been if you had gotten any late Jiyeon" Taeil speaks. "He's yet to wake up. I don't think he will anytime soon because he lost quite alot of blood too" the younger two nod understandingly. Taeil places an assuring hand on Jiyeon's shoulder. "You did great. He's safe because of you" he smiles.

"Can we see him?" She asks. "You can just remember to not be loud and be gentle on him his cut is going to take time to heal" Taeil replies. "You can go check on him Ji... I'll go tell the others and be back" Jungwoo speaks, earning a nod from the girl. "Let's go" Taeil leads the way.

The two older males left Jiyeon with the injured boy. She took slow steps towards Taeyong's sleeping figure, kneeling down beside his bed while grabbing his hand with the both of hers. "I'm sorry..." She speaks, looking down at their hands. "you would've been fine had I not wanted to make cookies" she sighs.

"But-" she forced a smile onto her lips. "I know you'll be fine and healthy as ever when you wake up, so I'll be right here till that happens" she quietly looked up at Taeyong's eyes while the sound of the heart monitor faded into the background. "I'm in no place to say this, but don't keep me waiting too long. Get all the rest you want and wake up then" she slowly lifts a hand, bringing it up to push a few strands of hair that covered his eyes. "I'm right here"

"Don't wake her up" Yuta holds Jeno's hand. "but she looks uncomfortable sleeping like that" the younger one replies, confused. "She might feel awkward seeing all of us here when she wakes up. We'll ask her to move to the other bed once she's awake" the older one replies. "Oh... Okay" Jeno nods.

"Did she say anything about what happened though?" Johnny speaks. "No. She didn't seem to be in the mood to talk" Renjun replied, earning a nod from the other.

"Taeyong..." Jiyeon mumbles, grabbing his hand while looking down at him with wide eyes. "Taeil what's happening?!" She yells, her gaze wandering up to the heart monitor that showed a straight horizontal line going from one side of the monitor to the other while the sound of the machine continuously rang through her ears.

"No no no..." She bring her hands upto his cheeks, tapping them in attempt to wake the boy. "what's wrong?!" A few guys rushed into the room, looking at the two with wide eyes. "what's going on...?" She takes in a shaky breath. Taeil's eyes wander over to the screen, a gasp leaving his mouth and a few others. "H-he's not breathing Taeil!!"

Jiyeon's eyes snap open at the same time she inhaled deeply. "Ji...what's wrong?" She heard a soft voice from beside her, making her turn to face Kun that looked at her with a worried expression. "did you have a nightmare? You're sweating!!" He says, filling up a glass with water and holding it out towards the girl.

"Taeyong... Is he okay?" She asks, sitting up on the bed and looking past Kun to see Taeyong asleep just like she had seen him before. "He's fine" he smiles, watching as Jiyeon slowly grabbed the glass from his hand. "Thank you" she gulps down the glass of water, grabbing her phone that was beside her afterwards. "Did I sleep here for the night?" She asks, earning a nod from the boy. "Johnny moved you to the bed since you seemed uncomfortable too"