• 16 •

Stepping out of the mansion she sighs, blinking vigorously in attempt to dry the tears off. "Why did that hurt?" She mumbles, placing a hand over her chest while closing her eyes. "I'm sorry that happened" startled by the voice she turns around to face Jeno that pulled her into a hug. "He shouldn't have taken his anger out on you..." He mumbles, rocking her from side to side.

"Well he had to take it out on someone" she sighs. "And don't come over if you're coming to see just me" she says. Stepping back, Jeno looks at her slightly upset. "I should've known that Mark or Lucas would've had y'all over to see if I'm safe" she shrugs, kicking the stones on the road while walking slowly.

"That's the reason we were allowed to spend time with you but do you really think it's just that?" Jeno asks, walking up beside her. "Did anyone look like they were forced to be there?" He asks. Sighing, she looks down while her hair slightly blew back against the wind.

"This all happened 'cause of me so it's best if we don't meet right?" She glances up at him. "No, that's dumb" Jeno replies, glaring at her. "I don't know Jeno" she sighs. "I don't want to be the reason for any of you to get hurt again" she adds. "Did you really believe whatever he said?" He mumbles.

"You aren't the reason that happened Ji!" He mumbles, removing his jacket and gently placing it over her shoulders. "Oh let's get in that cab!" He smiles, waving his hand until the vehicle stopped beside them. Sighing, Jiyeon sits back in the seat after giving the driver the directions.

"You would've sighed a hundred times just for these few minutes" Jeno mumbles, grabbing her hand and fiddling with her fingers. Chuckling, she shakes her head when the boy lays his head on her shoulder, Still holding onto her hand with both of his. "I'm tired" he mumbles. "Sleep. I'll wake you up when we get home" she smiles at him.

Pulling out her phone that buzzed in her pocket, Jiyeon glances at Jeno before clicking on the text from San.

San:)

Hey! I know it's quite late...
But are you not at home?

No:( I came out for a while
I'll be there soon though

Oh alright!
I'll wait for you then
Idk how to do the math homework

Oh let's do it together then

Yep see you there

"Thank you so much!" Jiyeon smiles, handing over the money to the driver before lightly nudging Jeno. "We're here Jeno... Wake up" she speaks softly. Mumbling incoherent words, he clings onto the girl, making her chuckle softly. Getting off the vehicle after carefully moving him away she rushes to Jeno's side before slowly grabbing his hand and pulling him out.

"You're heavy..." She mumbles, struggling to keep the boy up straight while closing the door shut. "Need some help?" Turning around to face San she chuckles before nodding. "Could you take him upto my room please?" She asks, opening the front door and letting the two in.

"Yeah sure" San smiles. Dragging herself to the living room, she plops herself down on the couch before removing the coat that she was wearing. "When did he put this on me?" She mumbles, squinting her eyes at the coat while a smile slowly plastered on her face.

"You must really adore that kid" San chuckles, sitting down beside the girl. "I do" she smiles. "I'll go get my math book and come real quick" she says, earning a nod from San. Walking upto her room, she smiles softly at the boy cuddling a bunch of pillows while sleeping peacefully.

"Cute" she chuckles, adjusting the covers over the boy before grabbing her book and making her way back down. "Jiyeon... Where's your first aid box?" San asks, glancing up at Jiyeon that placed her books on the desk before standing up straight.

"Did you get hurt?" She asks, lightly widening her eyes. "Well where is it?" He chuckles, ignoring her question. "Oh right... I'll get it for you" she says, rushing to the kitchen and pulling out a box out of the shelf. "Here you go!" She smiles, holding out the box to the boy after sitting back beside him.

"Give me your hand" he says. "My hand?" She asks, confused. "You have a scratch" San replies, pointing at the spot in her arm that was bleeding. "Oh I would've scratched it somewhere. I can do it" she chuckles, grabbing the piece of cotton and disinfectant from San's hand.

"Let me" he smiles, pulling them back and carefully bringing her hand closer. "Tell me if it hurts" he adds, glancing at her before gently tapping the piece of cotton on her wound. "There. All done" San says, placing the box on the table before turning to look at Jiyeon. "Thank you" she smiles.

"Oh Yunho!" Jiyeon smiles at San's friend that stood at the front door. "Hey! Would San happen to be here by any chance?" He chuckles nervously. "Oh right! He fell asleep after we had completed our homework. Come on in" she steps to a side. 

"I'll just take him and go, we're sorry for troubling you this late Jiyeon" he shakes his head at the boy that was sprawled out on the couch. "Oh it wasn't any trouble" Jiyeon smiles. "We'll get going then" Yunho smiles, struggling to hold up the boy that sleepily waved at Jiyeon. "Bye!" She waves back with a soft chuckle.

Closing the door, Jiyeon turns to lean her back against it while the events from earlier that evening replayed in her head. Shaking the thoughts away, she walks towards the living room, sitting down on the floor while her back was against the couch. "Maybe it is my fault" she sighs, mindlessly fiddling with the hem of her sleeve while hugging her feet until she slowly fell asleep.

"Good morning!" Jiyeon smiles at the younger boy that sleepily dragged himself towards the kitchen. "Good morning" he hugs her, before letting out a yawn. "Did you sleep well?" She asks, with the boy nodding against her shoulder in response. "What are you making?" He mumbles. "Pancakes. They're for you as well" she chuckles, hearing the boy lightly giggle while she turned back to focus on the stove.