• 45 •

Jiyeon falls onto the ground, while Taeyong that had his arms wrapped around her fell down along with her. "Jiyeon!!" He brings his hands upto her cheeks. Jongin shakes as he brought his gun up, aiming at the man that clearly had a smirk plastered on his face. He pulls the trigger, resulting in a bullet shooting him right at the stomach. Before his body fell to the ground Jongin shot multiple bullets at him, breathing heavily.

Jeno pushes off the chains that Jongin had loosened around him, running to Jiyeon's side. "Ji!!" He grabs her hand, looking with wide eyes as she lay in a pool of her own blood. Taeyong shakily brings his hand upto his ear, pressing onto the button in his earpiece. "Basement... Please" he broke into tears as he spoke. Everyone that heard his voice paused, glancing at each other with worry.

"Hang in there, Mon Amour" he brings her into his arms, carefully carrying her up while making sure to not move her too much. He rushed towards the door and past it when he saw a group of both his and Jongin's teammates along with their guards rush down the hallway. Seeing the girl in his arms, they split into both sides, giving way for Taeyong to walk past them. Lucas that was among the group looked away, clicking onto his earpiece. "Taeil, get ready to see to Jiyeon" he says.

Jeno blankly looked at the blood on the ground. "why did she have to get shot?" He covers his face with his hands. Jongin stood in the same place, his gaze travelling from Jeno to the blood on the ground when his gun drops from his hand. It felt like time had stopped for the both of them. People came to get them out of the room, assuring them that Jiyeon would be fine. "it's all over now. She'll be fine soon" Sungchan said to Jeno as he wrapped an arm around his shoulder while helping him out. "Come on, Jongin. You need to stay by her side" the said boy snaps out of his thoughts, looking in the direction of the door where a few of his teammates stood, an unreadable expression on each of their faces.

Hours had never felt so long as both Taeyong and Jongin, along with a few more of their teammates stood in front Taeil's and Kun's room. More hours pass by and soon it's only Taeyong and Jongin standing by the door, neither speaking a word and waiting hopefully till either Taeil or Kun walked out of the room. "Nothing yet?" The two turn to see Hana that made her way towards them, Doyoung and Mark following closely behind. "no" both Taeyong and Jongin reply at the same time. Hana sighs, leaning her back against the wall. "I'll stay here now, you guys can go get some rest. Neither of you slept all night" she says.

"Everyone's still in the living room waiting for something" she adds. "And Jeno... Someone will have to check with him" Mark says, earning a nod from Hana. "What's wrong with Jeno?" Taeyong asks. "he heard that Jaemin, Jaehyun and a few others got badly injured too so he's taking the blame for it. He won't open the door for any of us either" Hana says. Taeyong sighs, wrapping his arms over his chest.

He knew Hana wanted him to go talk to Jeno. "Why me? Will he listen if I spoke to him?" Taeyong asks. "Yes. Even at a time like this, it's his leader he would listen to" Hana replies. Taeyong pushes himself off the wall. Without a reply, he walks down the hallway and towards the stairs. Stopping in front of Jeno's room door, he brings his hand up, knocking on it. "go away!" He hears the younger one mumble. "Open the door, Jeno" Taeyong replies. Barely seconds later, he hears feet shuffling on the ground before the door was slowly opened.

"how's Jiyeon?" He asks, stepping to a side to let Taeyong in. "We... Don't know yet" Taeyong replies, closing the door behind him while scanning the younger ones expression. "The others?" He glances up at Taeyong whose gaze was already on him. "they're fine. Just resting now" he replies, earning a nod from Jeno.

"Have you had any sleep?" Taeyong asks. Jeno looks down, shaking his head. "I can't. I keep seeing what happened" Taeyong places a hand over Jeno's shoulder, walking him towards the bed. He makes him sit down on the edge while he sat down beside him. "What do you mean?" The older one asks. He knew what Jeno meant, but asked anyways in hopes of having the younger one let everything out.